BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Exciting Week

I started to realize that since I can no longer do the 30 Days of Gratitude and have them automatically post, I have to tell you guys about my life again. *sigh*

On Tuesday night, I had a Holiday concert at my school where I got to sing S'vivon, Sleep in Heavenly Peace (mix of Silent Night and What Child is This?), and Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. What really annoyed me was that all of the girls and guys in the choir kept on getting up and going where they pleased and talking really loud and being super loud. We were forced to listed to the bands and orchestra which isn't my favorite past-time activity, but I was trying to listen to be nice. I wanted to slap all of them. Our choir teacher wasn't impressed. Our singing was nice though.

Later that night I went to my Sunday School teacher's house (Sis. Dlugas). We each were given a person that we had to give a creative present to and whoever had the most creative one wins (and it had to be under $5). Apparently, only me and Matt Wilcox (and sorta Ben Barlow) remembered. Matt Wilcox gave Ethan Drake a comic that he made himself which was pretty funny and Ben Barlow made Ryan Davis a plate of brownies I think. I gave Matt Wilcox a Toolkit for Surviving a Church Dance which Mom helped with a lot. We got him body spray, chap stick, breath mints, how to dance guide, 15 good pick-up lines (I'll put these at the end of the post in case any of you need to use them), and an Abba CD. I also had chocolate for him to give to the girl if the dance isn't going well but it "disappeared" and today Mom found it half eaten under the bookcase. Very suspicious... He really liked it, I hope. We played Pit, this super fun sock game that I'll teach you peoples sometime if you wisheth, we had pizza, and we just hung out. It was really fun, and I got to take home a 2-liter bottle of sprite!

Yesterday I got to babysit these cute kids in my ward. The oldest one, Landon, is Emma's age and the other, Brinley, is around 2 and they both have really blond hair. The parents said that they'd be gone two hours at tops but didn't come for 3 hours. I watched Horton Hears a Who (one of the best shows ever) with them and played games. They did ones where they jumped off the stairs and sofas and did stuff that paranoid me because I didn't want them to get hurt. They were made at me because I wouldn't let them play with the decorations even though they said their mom lets them because I didn't want to be responsible for them braking. They've got a billion toys down stairs (more than Emily and Matthew which is saying something) and they wanted to play with these things. They were also begging for oreos which I was told they couldn't have. We still managed to have fun (I hope). Babysitting isn't my favorite thing and I have to remind myself of why I want kids when I'm older, but I get paid. I like dogsitting Porthose so much more and I am so excited to! He's coming over this Sunday because Marjorie's family is going to ditch us and go to Texas. I hope my cats are okay with him... Misty wasn't, but it could be because she had 5 babies and he was so interested in them...

Today I had to go to school ten minutes earlier than I usually do which really inconvenienced me because it meant that I couldn't take my bus. I had a French Holiday Singing Concert Stupid Thing That Almost No One Wanted To Do in the drama room. I had to go and get this ugly green stamp on my hand to show that I was there, but I would assume that she would know that I was there since I was forced against my will to play a stupid song on the piano while the poor kids sang. It was Il Est Ne (He is Born). My French teacher, Mrs. Lee, made me practice during class a lot and play while they sang it and that was a hard song and I messed up on most of it during practices. I finally sat down one night and played it with the metronome over and over and over again until my back hurt from having no support on that unforgiving piano bench. I finally got it down and I only messed up once during the performance when I accidentally moved up my hand a full step for one of the notes. She made us sing and dance and bounce up and down during it. When we were singing "Dashing Through the Snow/Jingle Bells" she had these "dancers" come down and she said that she wanted to make it more creative by incorporating (if that's the right word) dancing into it. So they would all stand elbow in elbow and squat and then stand up and do a sort of perverted can-can thing during "Dashing Through the Snow". They would then start squatting up and down during "Jingle Bells" where the first person would squat and then the next person and it just went down the row and then back up with them standing up. Amazing dancing, it was so good and beautiful that I was crying while I was singing (from laughing too hard). Poor souls.

Later that day I put my hand palm-up just above my knee and then put my other leg on top of it so I was squashing my hand while crossing my legs which I tend to do lately. Well that stamp that was smeared rudely onto my hand by one of Mrs. Lee's students rubbed off onto my jeans. That made me happy. I was feeling pretty good today because my hair was straight and I feel so pretty when it's like that and I had tons of people go up to me and say that I look good =D. My faithful Asian friend, Sydney, said "Wow, your hair is straight! You look so much better!" Thanks....? In French Mrs. Lee said this boy who has some kind of syndrome cried because we didn't record our "performance" so she had me play my song again which I funnily messed up on a bit and other people had to do their stuff. We went into the other room and played Bingo and this guy named Scott stole all of my chip things (not food, but colorful chip things used to play Bingo or whatever your heart desires), put them in his mouth, and spit them across the room. ? We went into the other room again and we just goofed off and he tried to hit the clock with a stick while I played the piano and some other boys did crazy stuff in there too. Mrs. Lee came in and got mad at everyone because there were chips all over the floor in the other room and she made most of them clean them up but Scott got to stay in there with me because we were "practicing". She came in later and said in a sweet voice "Scott do you want to tell me what happened with the chips?" I figured that was a good time to go so I headed back to the classroom where Ethan Drake and Ben Fisher told me that she was yelling really loud and going crazy and that it was scary. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks after that.

That's my exciting week and I can't wait until next week!!!!!



15 AMAZING Pick-up Lines!

Did you fart? Because you blew me away!

Is your name virtue? Because you garnish my thoughts unceasingly!

"So...what's your favorite temple? … Really? YOU are my favorite temple."

You remind me of the fruit in Lehi's dream, which is precious above all.

You must be tired because you've been running through my mind all night.

Haven't we met before...like in the pre-existence?

Would you like to dance or is your sole function in life to stand around and look pretty?

How are your sweet spirits tonight?

Was your dad king? He must have been to make a princess like you.

You fascinate me more than the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.

I lost my teddy bear. Can I cuddle with you instead?

My love for you is like diarrhea; I can't hold it in.

You're more beautiful than 100 pink flamingos on a golf course.

Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes.

You are the reason men fall in love.



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Where did you come up with those pick-up lines? Very creative :-)

Celeste said...

I just googled some good LDS pick up lines at first and then I went on to facebook and looked at a group whose sole purpose was to come up with pick up lines. The one "is your name virtue? Because you garnish my thoughts unceasingly" was from when Ashley went to EFY and the leader people did skits and they said that in one.