BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

So I haven't posted in a while because, of course, it was Christmas time! I'm sure you're all dying to know about my Christmas, so I'll just start at the beginning (of last week).

It was a cold winters day, and we were headed to our Aunt DeAnn's house. Yeah, it was a Sunday and we were going to our annual Black family Christmas party. It's been at our house for years, and this year we finally got a break and our kind aunt and uncle offered to have it at their house. Thank you!! I didn't have to clean the house!! So we were there a while and Dad was all loopy because he was on medication because his back was out again. Joe and Erica came and then Grandma Carol came. Joe started carrying in huge black trash bags that were full of presents from Grandma because she got us each about 20 things from the local dollar store. I actually got some nice stuff which made me so happy. I got two pairs of fuzzy socks (I'm wearing one right now), sticky notes, mechanical pencil, a cute little calendar with pictures of sickly cute kittens (like Dolores Umbridge =D) which is hanging in my closet, sweet pink pajamas with hearts on them, and many other wonderful things. I came home soon after the "party" and Marjorie delivered Porthose. For any who don't know him, he's a black Shih-tsu/Maltese (I probably didn't spell that right, but you get the idea) They were going to stay with Suzie's family so I needed to watch him.

Ashley and I decided to do something about our ugly rooms. Mom had promised to paint our rooms the August after we moved here (which was over a year ago). The next day (Monday, December 22) we started to patch up holes and paint the baseboards and do other boring stuff. Ashley had my ipod so I couldn't listen to Harry Potter so I got Hannah's book on CD called Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. I had to find my old CD player. It was a pretty good book, but I finished it in about 2 hours. Mom painted most of the ceiling and my walls. I stayed up late to watch her paint but then she made me finish the ceiling, ugh. Porthose of course had to follow me everywhere so he kept on going into my room and Ashley's while we were painting which really helped us. My room is now a cream color like the rest of the house, yipee. I do like it though, it's better than the brown and all of the holes in my walls are covered up. Ashley's room is blue like the bathrooms, a kinda baby blue but not really. I'm too tired to describe, just picture it as any kind of blue you like. Our bedspreads matched each other's new room color, so we switched so it all worked out nicely. My new bed color is a hot pink with a black throw blanket and Ashley's is this creamy quilty bluey yellowey pinkey kind that would've matched my new color anyway, but it looks good with her blue. Mom was mad that we had her paint right before Christmas but I keep on telling her that now it's behind her and she doesn't have to repaint it for many years to come.

Christmas Eve was a bit sad because Marjorie and William's families decided to ditch us. John just came over for an hour to hang out and then we were by ourselves. Dad had had a bad reaction to his medicine so he was in bed. Us girls pulled on our Christmas pajamas and we play Category 5 together. After so many rounds, we got sick of it and we tried to think of a good game that Emma would be able to play too. We decided to have Hannah open one of her Christmas presents early (from Ashley and me) which turned out to be a game! Who knew? So we decided sinse that present happened to be a game, we might as well play it. It was Uno Spin. I got Uno and then someone spun and we had to pass our cards to the left. Emma got my card so she won. How is that fair? Eventually Dad came out and we read some scriptures and took pictures and then we went to bed. I was a bit worried because I wanted to have my cat, Charlie, in my room on Christmas Eve, but Porthose has to sleep with me. They don't like eachother very much. I decided to chance it and have them both in my room and they were pretty good until 7 AM which was good.

Mom made us wait until 8 AM instead of 7 to open presents which I was mad about. I woke up at 7 AM and Ashley was up too. We couldn't go back to sleep. It wasn't that I was extremely excited, but Charlie woke me up and I just couldn't go back to sleep. At 7:30 I asked Mom if we could look in our stockings like she said we could last night but she didn't let us. A little before 8, Ashley and I went into Hannah and Emma's room and jumped on their bed and started cuddling them so they'd wake up. That was a little backwards. Usually, the little sisters wake up the older ones on Christmas because they wake up early from being excited. This time, the older sisters were waking up the younger ones. Mom finally woke up and we opened stockings and presents. I finally got a jacket (I've been stealing Ashley's because mine were too small and she kept on stealing mine). I got a lighter jacket to wear when it's not really cold. I got 5 tank tops and some cute shirts. I got a book called Wicked (not the musical, a different book with a different story), scrapbooking and beading stuff, jewelry, Guitar Hero II, and gum. Oh, and a planner. I got one last Christmas and it's extremely useful. I got a watch too which I've been needing. Hannah got some cute random games, Emma got poly pockets, and Ashley got electronical stuff including an ipod and a camera, and then some small stuff. Hannah got a camera too. I got mainly clothes. I remember last year Ashley got mainly clothes and I was thinking of how upset I would be if that's what I got and how boring it is. I'm happy with it now. I spent the day playing with a game of Hannah's (a 20 questions toy that guesses anything from Harry Potter) and Guitar Hero. William's family came over for a while and we watched Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain 1 and 2 because they didn't get why I got a shirt with three unicorns that said "Shun the Non-Believer, Shun!" on it for Christmas. (For those who can't see apparently, in case you didn't get what the underlined blue/purple things mean, click on them to see each one.) Wendy (not my mom) was wondering what the people were smoking when they made those. Grandma Carol was over too and she stayed for dinner which was delicious. Well, the salad wasn't my favorite. The adults dug into it while us kids just stared at it. The actual meal was really good.

The day after Christmas, Grandma Carol took my sisters and me to the movies. Ashley and I saw 7 Pounds while the lil ones and Grandma saw Madagascar 2. Dad said that a lot of people didn't like it because it was depressing and the ending "ruined it". I thought it was very good even though it was depressing, and the ending fit into the movie. You'll have to see it yourselves.

I've just been playing The Sims 2 and Guitar Hero II, playing with Porthose, and being lazy for a while. That's the joy of Christmas. Porthose is gone now which I'm kinda happy about. He was always chasing the cats and he followed me everywhere I went. I can't even go into the bathroom without him whining.

Now Grandma and Grandpa Stevens are coming over and staying at our house. They should be here any minute. I love it when they're over, because then I can play Ticket to Ride and Settlers with them (only Mom and Hannah like to play it too).

It's been a goodish Christmas. :)

0 comments: