BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Happenings

It's only been a few days since I posted, but I guess I will since I'm bored and shunned from my mom's presence (love you mom!).

So Grandma and Grandpa Stevens did indeed arrive as promised in my previous post.

Sorry, I'm interrupting really quick. Right after I finished the sentence before past, Dad and I went to McDonald's to get our family dinner. Seeing the drive-thru sign reminded me of this funny yet strange youtube video musical thing that I'll show at the end. You also might be interested to know that we forgot straws :(

Anyway they came and they enjoyed very much the stew which I made. During dinner, some guys came to the door to see if I wanted to play night games (if you were at dinner, don't comment!). I went over and played 'Capture the Flag' with my friends until I went to Marjorie's. I must confess, I would've rather I stayed and play night games because the night wasn't very... eventful.

I had to lock up the cats in my room because Grandma Joan was staying with us (Gampa too) and she is allergic. They have stunk up my room because of their stupid litter box and they go through their food like crazy. Whenever I go in there, they start acting all cuddly and sweet like they haven't been loved in days. Yesterday (or was it today??) I went in my room and right when I opened the door Sylvester tried to run out of the room full speed and ran into my leg. Dumb cat. I bet he actually thought that out himself. Hmmm, maybe if I sit by the door all day until master comes back in, I can run right through the door when it opens! They are really funny and I love them, usually.

The next day was the last day of 2008, which means it was New Year's Eve. William's family came over and played games and pigged out with my family and the grandparents. Mom won Settlers twice in a row which was amazing because she never wins (I'm not being mean, it's a fact). I then started teaching Skyler how to play Fast Sundae which is a game Hannah got for Christmas. He kept on beating me and soon we had the twins and Hannah playing with us. It's a really fun and addictive game. Finally, midnight came, and everyone started saying "Happy New Year" and kissing and hugging eachother. I don't really see why they were so happy and celebrating. Yay, it's midnight, but it happens to be the start of another crappy year, and they're going to live to see at least 50 new years.

About 2 minutes into 2009, a thought, a wonderful thought, a thought above all others, occurred to me. The Brand New Year website is supposed to be opened on January 1st, and I was wondering if that meant it would be up and running right when the new year hit. I ran to the computer, pushing little midget kids out of my way and scattering McKenna and Emma's colorings. I quickly typed in the website and lo and behold! It was up! I was super excited, this is what I've been waiting for for months! I immediately started watching the videos and admiring how nice we sound and look. I searched for myself but didn't have much luck and went to bed that night bummed. I didn't care if I had a close-up, but I wanted to at least be able to see me so I can show that I'm there and be proud. The next day (or more like later that day), I watched the videos again and found me. I was the size of an ant, but I was there. Mom also found me which was pretty up close, but I didn't see me at first because I was towards the bottom of the screen. I'm happy now!

We went to Marjorie's house around 4 PM that day and William was of course there, and Chris. For those of you who have had their heads buried in the ground since August, or aren't part of the Stevens family, Chris is Stephanie's boyfriend. Well, I guess now it's appropriate to say fiance. That was weird. I'm sorry, Steph is my cousin and it's weird that she's marrying him in August. Anyway, he was really nice and everyone clicked with him instantly and they approve. People played dominos, which I haven't played in many many moons, or more like a couple year's worth of moons (something in there doesn't sound right, but I'll just ignore that). Later I played Fast Sundaes again which was fun, but I was mad this time. Hannah, Chelsie, and the twins were playing with it and they beat up the cards. Just the day before, I was shuffling them and thinking how nice and flexible and newish they looked, and now it's hard to shuffle and they look horrible because they're all bent and ripped. Hannah wasn't very happy and she said the twins did it which I don't doubt. The day before, they were being pretty rough with them. We played with the "big kids" instead and didn't let the little ones except for Hannah play with us.

That night, I stayed up a bit later than I should've playing the Sims 2 until Mom caught me. I then couldn't go to sleep because.... something's wrong with me. I pulled out my handy-dandy ipod and watched some episodes of Grey's Anatomy and eventually went to bed at around 4 AM. Right before I decided to try to sleep, I happened to look on my windowsill and I saw a big tall thing that freaked me out (I couldn't see right because it was dark). It started to move and then jumped, but it was just Sylvester. Stupid cat. I then went to sleep. But when morning came, those stupid cats (isn't it funny how much I say "stupid cat"??) started playing with eachother which means they were jumping all over my dresser, floor, bed, and me. Their claws were out too and they were like popcorn popping, just jumping all up and down and driving me crazy! I finally grabbed Charlie and held her really tight next to me in the hopes that she'd go back to sleep, but Sylvester started freaking out because she stopped playing and she was squirming. I gave in and let her go. If I could've, they would've been thrown out of my room.

I think I did something interesting today but I forgot.... Oh yeah! I took a really long bath-shower which felt good. You just turn on the shower, plug the tub, and sit down and let the water pour over you. I had my eyes closed for a while, and when I opened them, the water was pretty high. I plug the tub when I shower anyway so I can see how long I've been in there depending on how high the water is. I know you guys have been dying to hear that.

Also, my sims in The Sims 2 got married, two of the couples actually. I'd been waiting for this moment for about 4 days! Yay!

I had a comment from Mom about how she didn't like how I put "It was a goodish Christmas". I didn't mean that it was bad or I hated the food or my presents. It just would've been better if Dad's back hadn't spazzed so he couldn't walk right and he was on medication, and if we didn't spend Christmas Eve with only John, Julie, and kids for company. I was looking forward to Marjorie, William, and the talent show. It was a great Christmas, except for that.

Okay my parents are making me watch Wall E now. Yay. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVYki-oyQ

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I tried to find you on the brand new year photos, but I didn't know where to look. Which photo you are in?

Celeste said...

I'm not in any of the photos, I checked. I found myself in some of the videos. A few that I'm in are:
Steadfast and Immovable.....4:36
For the Strength of Youth...10:54
We Will Stand...............9:38

The only one where you can see me really well is on We Will Stand, I'm at the bottom of the screen. The other ones you have to search for me and I'm small.

Celeste said...

okay... apparently I put the wrong videos... Ugh, I'll put the right ones on later.

Bonnie said...

Ok this is Jacob but isn't Sims 2 fun? You should try Sims 2 pet that's fun too.

Celeste said...

I've never played that, but Hannah has and she loves it.