BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fun Fun Fun

I usually don't post two days in a row, but I have more stuff to mention. I had a fun day today.

So before school I talked to Mrs. Rigby about the CJH idol assembly at our school (people try out to sing and those who make it sing for the lunch and then the school votes and the top three people get the money prize and sing in an assembly where other people do talents) so she just said "oh, go and sign that over there and we'll talk later". Okay... cool.

During second period, they called kids down who were doing the NAEP test. I had gym and didn't think much about it, but when I went out of the locker rooms, my coach told me and three other girls that we were taking it and we should go down. I asked if we should change, and she said "no, just go down and see what they want". So I went into the cafeteria where there were about fifty other eight graders. I sat in between two (awesome and cute!!) guys and I was told that we were going to take a 90 minute test. Great. I wished I could've changed into regular clothes instead of sitting there in my baggy gym shirt and shorts with my unshaved legs. It was a great feeling. This other girl was wearing boxer shorts for gym. So for all of second and third period, I took the test. Everyone had a different subject, and mine was math. Oh goody. One problem that I never got, that wasn't multiple choice, is what is the next number in the sequence?? 35, 240, 1280, _____? Does anyone have any idea? Grandma?? So finally ten minutes into fourth period we were done. I was talking to the guy next to me (Kellin Black oooh same last name) and we were saying how we should get pizza or a cookie for doing this, and that we'd be upset if all we got was a pencil. Wha'd'ya know? We got to keep our pencils.

My fourth period teacher (Mr. Dart) scares me sometimes. I'm very good in his class because I don't want him to get mad at me. They sent an announcement over the intercom saying that us special test takers should be back in our classes soon because the test is done, but I was still in my gym clothes. I walked through the gym and everyone was staring at me. It was weird, so I just went in and changed and hurried to my locker and to history. I was scared before going in there. I don't think he saw me go in late, so that was a relief and I don't care if he marked me tardy. He was at his desk.

After school I had to go to Mrs. Rigby's room because I was part of the CJH idol talent thing. She just asked me about the song and how long it was. She then said "okay, we'll just have Ms. Swallow's piano out for you to play on during the assembly okay? You can go now." Thank-you.... Now I'm scared. I barely made it to the bus and I intended to practice the piano until my back broke in half, but I freaked out when I realized I left my sheet music at my piano teacher's house and I couldn't go get it because she was in the hospital (I knew because I had a lesson that day but couldn't go because of that). My computer was weird and didn't print the music right, but I finally got it to print a small version so it's hard to see the notes, but at least I have it.

I ran to mutual later that night and played the song (oh, BTW, it's River Flows in You) for the Mia Maids. We picked up Alyssa and had fun with her dog! We then went to my leader's house and watched American Idol and youtube videos and had caramel popcorn. Mmmmm It was so fun!!

Now I need to practice the piano, because I'm really nervous!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Celeste, I have no idea what the sequence is. Are you sure the numbers are 35, 240, and 1280?

Celeste said...

I'm sure about the first two numbers, but the last one might be 12280. I remember there was a 1,2,8, and 0.