BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mom's Birthday

I think Hannah's mad at me.... Because I made her give the computer back. I got off for 2 minutes to have Mom email me a picture, and she gets on. She stares at me on the computer and waits for me to get off. And right when I do, she's on. She's like one of those pelicans on Finding Nemo who always say "mine, mine" and never leave you alone. Sorry Hannah, I love you!! <3

Right now, Mom is watching Lost. She's supposed to be doing her homework, but she ran out of things to procrastinate, so she started watching Lost. She started either last night or this morning, and she's probably on season 2 by now. I remember when I was younger, I saw one of the first episodes when the plane actually crashed and this guy got sucked into the engine. I asked Mom when the "movie" would end and she said that it would go on for years, probablye, and they'd show just an hour each week. I remember thinking whoa, I could be 18 by the time this movie ends, that's a long time!
I didn't realize it was a TV show like Spongebob that goes on forever.

Speaking of Mom, hopefully some of you have noticed that it was her birfday this week. I had a great idea of a cake and I told Dad and I mentioned to Mom that I could make her a cake. I totally forgot, and I had hoped that they would forget that and buy a Wal-Mart cake. Nope. I came home from another horrible day of school, and found myself face-to-face with Dad who said "oh, by the way, you're making Mom's cake". (We had to celebrate her birfday on Wednesday, the day before her actual day of birth, because she would be at school and Dad had work until midnight on the day in question.) I didn't really mind, I was happy to put my ideas into the cake. So I made the cake using the easy box where you just put the powdery stuff, water, veg. oil, and eggs in and you're set. I let it sit for 20 minutes after it got out of the oven, and then I took it out of the pan. It broke in half, and then in fourths, and then in eighths, and then I knew that it was the end of that cake. :( I had to make another one which made it so Dad couldn't put dinner in the oven. Nice job Celeste. But by the time it was ready to be taken out again, I had to go to mutual. Dad said he would put the frosting on, and then I could icing it when I got back.

I had a great time at mutual, we did little skits according to the ways to be or whatever it's called that's in the Matthew and something else books (do you like how clear I am??). Mine was mercy. I had two boys and Ashley on my team, and we had to use a heart, a picture of Jesus, and a game to act something out. We had no idea what the game had to do with it (Parcheesi). So we had me and Ashley somehow playing it and moving the pieces. When it was Ashley's turn to roll, I looked away as Matt Wilcox (who played the Devil) told her to turn the dice into sixes, and she did it and won. When I saw what she had done, I got really mad and started getting into the about-to-be-violent-mode. But then Michael Packer (an angel) told me to do what Jesus would do. I thought about it, but still wanted to hurt my sister. He then gave me the metal heart and told me to have mercy. I said maybe I should have mercy and then the "devil" said throw it at her so I would say maybe I should throw it at her and I was about to when, with the "angel's" encouragement, I had mercy. So I hugged Ashley and said it's okay, I know you didn't mean to cheat. I thought ours was the best. :P The others were hilarious to watch!

After that, I stayed to play basketball with the Young Women for fun and practice. After playing for 20 minutes (and managing to hit someone with the ball) something made me think of Mom and how we're celebrating her birthday that night. My heart stopped. So I grabbed my jacket and yelled "sorry, I gotta go, bye!" I ran the whole way home, no exaggeration, and I was hoping that Mom wouldn't be there. I got there, and everyone was playing Rock Band downstairs, and Mom wasn't there. I quickly put icing on the frosted, taken-out-of-pan cake (thanks dad!!), but the letters were fat and it looked bad, before Hannah pointed out that I was supposed to put one of those decorating icing caps on it to make the icing pretty. Dang. So after wasting a lot of icing, I took it off so the cake looked really bad, and tried to squeeze out enough icing to still do it. I didn't like it too much, but Mom loved it. I forgot I haven't told you my idea, but I think you will get it after viewing this fantastic picture of my marvelous cake. Ta-da!!!!

It actually did turn into a cakewreck because I messed up on it a lot as you can see....

So she got a stocking full of presents because she didn't get one for Christmas.

Something I think is funny is how Dad got Rockband for us on Mom's birfday, and last year on Mom's birfday, he bought himself a new blackberry phone. Does anyone see something wrong here?

Anyway, I think her fake birthday was better than her actual one. She came home the next day mad because she had to sit through a boring class, her hair stylist messed up on her hair, and something else.... So she made us be quiet and angelic while she watched Grey's Anatomy in her room.

The next day was a bad day of school (I never seem to have good days...) I had to go to school in a skirt *shiver* it's not natural, it's not right. So I came home, got some fattening food, and read a good book in my room and fell asleep. I woke up at 5PM to take Emma to her friend's house, went back home, and fell asleep again in my bed and didn't wake up until 10:30 PM. Dinner was left out because somebody didn't feel like cleaning (that wasn't my job that day) so it was all crusty and gross looking, so I just had chips and cereal for dinner. I then went back to sleep. Happy Friday!!

Today morning, I woke up early, and Hannah, Amanda, Chelsie, and I (happy that I used good grammar Hannah?) went to sewing lessons. Mom and Marjorie thought it would be a great idea to have us do it together. It's actually pretty fun, and we're going to make cupcake and heart pin cushions next week!!!

When we dropped Amanda and Chelsie back at their house after sewing was over, we started driving away, which I assumed meant going home. It took me about 10 minutes (when we were by mountains that indicate we're going to SLC) to realize that we weren't going home. Mom then couldn't resist saying a sarcastic remark about my smartness. Mom had to do something at the doctor's office which took her 5 minutes, then we went home. The whole time, Hannah and I texted each other.

I then had to do my chores, and the only reason I mention this is because my job is kitchen and the kitchen was disgusting!!! I was about to pass out when I realized I had to clean it up, just me! Eeeewww!! Just doing the dishes took me 20 minutes. That took me forever, and then I did other Celestial things to pass the time before I'm back to the torture of school, including listening to this over and over again =D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUM9k1A1nU

This concludes another Celestial Confessional Confession Session!

2 comments:

Hanny Banany!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanny Banany!!! said...

I am very proud of your grammar. Although, you said "Dad said he would put the frosting on, and then I could icing it when I got back." Ahem, "icing"? See the arrows? That, is very disappointing.