BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barbies

Hey everyone! My life has been so exciting, I can barely describe it. Actually I can, here we go!

So the semester is over at last, and tomorrow, I start a new one. Yay. I don't have French anymore which is a huge relief. And no health! Ugh... health... *shiver Once again, I'm cursed not to have the same lunch as my friends, and I only have one class with Sariah. Dang.

It's funny I should mention Sariah, because I've been spending a lot of time with her.

On Friday, she came over and we were bored. The peoples across the street's daughter got married, so I got some of her old clothes, and Hannah and Emma got tons of awesome barbies. We were bored, so we got out the barbies in my room. We then went to Sariah's house to get stuff so she could sleep over at my house. While we were there, Ryan came over and asked if we wanted to come over to Austin Jackson's house to play nightgames. We said we were going to play barbies, but we'd come over if we felt like it. So we headed back to my house and continued to set up the barbies. But then, a bunch of boys came over to my house and begged us to come play nightgames, and they promised popcorn, hot chocolate, and a movie too. Being as kind as we were, tempted by the food, and by the variety of boys, we went and left our barbies in my room. We played Becca for a while, and then me and Sariah ran home because I had to go to the bathroom :P After that we watched a show with Heath Ledger in it. He's sooooooooo cute!!!!!

After that, we went back home and made a barbie video. It's sooooo awsome! I love it! I did all of the animation and voices and Sariah recorded everything. It's on youtube right now. My computer is being retarded, so I'll just give you the adress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WRP75lwaU
Enjoy!!!

The next day, we made another video, which was so awesome. It's called Barbies and the Vortex. I had to split it into 2 parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW8McBaPyZs&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq-RwvSeJ4&feature=channel_page
I like this one a lot because it's not as strange, but it's still funny. I had Hannah help me do a couple of the voices (the fairies and GET OFF) and move the barbies.

The next day, Sunday, I did my regular church activities. I wanted to point out, however, that Mom asked me to make dessert for Family Home Evening. I looked through the Lion House Desserts cookbook and found Chocolate Brownie Pudding. I tried making it even though I had no idea what it was. It was weird, because in the 9x13 pan, on the bottom was the batter stuff. On the top was this brown water stuff. I read and re-read the instructions, but I didn't think I did anything wrong, so I put it in. It came out wonderfully. It was so delicious, and either my family liked it or they are good actors.

Chocolate Brownie Pudding

2 cups all purpose flour
2teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanillla
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 1/2 cups hot water

Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13x2-inch pan and set aside. Measure flour, baking powder, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, and salt into a bowl and mix together. Add milk, vanilla, and melted butter and mix until incorporated. (This can be mixed by hand or with the mixer.) Stir in the walnuts. Pour into prepared pan and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together brown sugar and 1/2 cups cocoa. Pour hot water over sugar and cocoa mixture and mix together. When well blended, slowly pour over the flour mixture in baking pan. (The baking pan will be very full, so handle carefully when putting it in the over.) Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cut into 15 squares.

You eat this with a spoon, so you might want to dish it out with a big spoon. This didn't click in my head when it said "pudding" so I did it with a spatula-ish thing, and I missed the pudding. And, they weren't kidding when they said to handle carefully when putting it in the oven. It was full and heavy, and I made Dad put it in, because knowing me, I would've dropped it and started a fire and everyone would've died.

On Monday, I went with Sariah and her parents to the Draper Temple open house. It is soooo beautiful in there. I had always wanted to see the Celestial room because I've heard it's so beautiful, and I wasn't disappointed. It had a huge chandelier and it was and amazing room. I love my name.... The sealing room and ordinance rooms were amazing too. I want to get married there now, but I'm sure that the other temples are just as pretty.

A few hours after we got back, we started making another video and we had another sleepover. We did Barbies in America's Next Top Model. I think it's stupid, and I don't really like it. We did a cooking show today, but it's stupid too. I'll have to see if it will make it to youtube.

I just barely posted a video of me playing the piano on my other youtube account. It's annoying because Emma is being really noisy, and Hannah thought she was helping by shushing her, but that just made it worse. Ugh. I still think it sounds okay though, and we finally got our piano tuned which made me really happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdgBna0I510

Now I'm back to school tomorrow :,(. I hate school, and I don't expect to like this semester just as I've hated every single semester sinse I moved here. Let's pray for a miracle.

0 comments: