BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good Times

So I left off at a pretty exciting part of my life, last week was so awesome! The whole a-boy-actually-likes-me thing was amazing and I was in shock for a while. Seriously?? Me?? Anyway, so we were talking about who knows what on facebook, and we got into the subject of Guitar Hero. Both of us could do expert on it, which made us happy because we have very few friends who can (the only friends I know of are actually cousins...) so we thought that we should show each other our skills. On Monday, Anthony (A.K.A. Tony) came over so I had Sariah, Ethan, Chandler, and Joye come over too so it wouldn't be just the two of us and we played Guitar Hero III and Rock Band. Anthony is amazing at the drums, he can do expert, and I can only do medium. I guess I'm just not a natural at that. The first night I got Guitar Hero (on my 12th birfday) I could already do expert, so I didn't really have to practice to get good. It just came. So we hung out for a while, and then everyone but Tony had to leave, so we just watched Madagascar 2 which was a bit awkward. Mom sent Emma in to sit with us, and she kept on asking Hannah what we were doing. But we still had a good time.

The next day was Tuesday, and nothing too exciting happened. Well, Anthony is the TA (teacher's assistant) for Ms. Swallow, the music teacher. She teaches girls' chorus 6th period, and that happens to be when Tony TA's. She wasn't there because her daughter was in the hospital, so we just had a substitute and worked on theory packets.. He was sitting across the room, and I wanted to go sit next to him, but it is extremely hard to get up and move 30 feet to sit down. That took so much guts. The whole time I was sitting next to him, some of the girls kept on glancing at us and raising their eyebrows and being all weird. Oooh, I know. A guy likes me. No one thought that would happen. And then a couple girls were all "Omgsh!! Aahh soo cute!!" when we hugged when class was over. There's no need to make a big deal over it. They're probably just jealous, because Anthony is super nice, funny, and awesome. We had another substitute the next day and watched "The Sound of Music" so I had to gather my guts again, but I ended up sitting by him again and this time every time I looked at certain girls, they would smile and giggle at me, and a couple threw a not at us saying "this is the cupid star!" or something stupid like that. Wow....

The lists went up on Thursday for who made honors English. We had to submit a form and then do a writing test in the computer lab to be in it for 9th grade, so of course I tried out. And I made it!! I'm a smarty!! I was so proud of myself, but I did actually think that I did well on the writing assignment so I had been pretty confident (unlike with solo and ensemble). I was talking to my friend Marrissa after school while walking in the halls that I had checked to see if Calvin Henrie made it, because he's really nice and, I can't help it, cute. I never said that that meant I didn't like Anthony, I like Anthony a ton better. Is it against the law to notice other guys once you're with another one? (if it is, then do let me know though...) So then Marrissa said "oh are you cheating on Tony??" and I said "no! We're not going out! And does liking him mean I'm not allowed to notice other guys??" and then Tony walked about ten feet in front of us going in some other direction, so Marrissa yelled "Speaking of Tony!!!!" and then I yelled "Shut up!!!" but Tony had already noticed us. Marrissa walked off with Sariah laughing while I went up to Tony to give him a hug goodbye. When I came back, they said my face was red. I was ready to kill her.

Friday was a weird day. Every now and then, I would just have those days where I'm upset for no reason at all, and I have no idea why. It's really annoying. But I was just sad for some odd reason. So I went up to Anthony and hugged him because hugging is amazing. I don't care if I don't kiss until I'm 20 (well, I might actually.....) but hugs always make me feel soooooo good. It occurred to me afterwards that that was the first time that I was craving a hug super bad at school that I actually got one, which made me so happy. And then Matt Wilcox said "hi Celeste" and that always makes me smile. Whenever I'd feel down at the beginning at the school year (which did actually happen a lot) he'd always say "hi Celeste!" right after 5th period, and then whenever he saw me in the halls. That would always make me feel so much better, it was like magic. He doesn't do it as much anymore, and I miss it. Him saying that just always seemed to brighten up my day. Matt is awesome. I still like Tony (in case some people were wondering).

Later that day, Tony asked if I would want to go ice skating with him and his friends the next day. I asked Dad, and he said to ask Mom, and then she wanted to ask Dad, and he said "I don't know" so they made me call Grandma Joan to ask her, but she said it's up to my parents, so then she ended up talking to my mom for half an hour. They finally decided that I could go if two girls went with me.

Sariah came over that night, and so did Grandma Carol. Sariah and I were remembering when Ashley was in the hospital last May so Grandma stayed with us and we burst out laughing while she was saying a prayer (accidentally, I think I told Grandma that my laugh was actually a cough from having a popcorn kernel stuck in my throat...). So we went downstairs and Grandma and my sisters were watching a movie and Emma said "Grandma, Sariah's here!" Both of us ran to my room as fast as we could and I banged my arm on a doorknob (which didn't leave a bruise, but a bump and it hurts whenever I touch it). It was really funny though and we just burst out laughing. Ah... fun times.... We didn't really see her until she left, when she gave me AND Sariah a hug good-bye.

So the next day (Saturday) I went to my sewing class. I made the cutest cupcake pin cushion that I'll post on here some other time when I'm not about to fall asleep at the keyboard. It is adorable, Amanda, Hannah, Chelsie, and I made it, and we are going to make skirts starting next week. I got Sariah to go ice skating with me with Tony later that day, and Rachel said she would come. So Mom dropped us off, we met with Tony and got ready to ice skate. Okay, Tony is going to be on the hockey team and is amazing, and I haven't gone ice skating in three years (I actually used to be very good and took lessons AND had my eight birfday party at the Olympic Oval, since it was in my rec center). So he had to help me, which I didn't mind. I was wobbling all over the place, and it was a bit embarrassing. I eventually got pretty good though. Rachel never showed up, but I mainly skated with Tony and Sariah and his friends just ice skated all over the place. I sat down every now and then to talk to Sariah while he would go off and race his friends instead of going at my pace of 1 MPH. My ice skates were loose so they were rubbing against my leg. They rubbed the skin off until it hurt every time I moved my ice skate, but I just ignored it and kept going and didn't mention it, even though it did hurt pretty bad. I got fast after a while, remembering how I used to ice skate forever ago, so we might've gotten up to 2 MPH. I actually have no idea, but I was proud of myself. I had a good time. Afterwards while Sariah and I waited for Mom to pick us up, we watched a bunch of stupid guys trying to show off by skate boarding. They suck.

Later that night, Mom, Hannah, Emma, and I watched Madagascar 2 and had popcorn in these cute little plastic popcorn bag things which we've had forever, it was so fun!

The next day (today, Sunday) Ashley gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting about prayer which was utterly delightful. I'm also in another youth choir, but it's just one for stake conference, but it made me feel sick for being in A Brand New Year (click on it to go to my blog post about it) because we're singing one of the songs we did in the performance (True to the Faith) and our stake conferences are in the Bountiful Regional Center, which is where the BNY choir met for the first time :(

Okay, I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard now.... I'm so tired..... but I'm always too busy doing stupid pointless stuff during the week to post (except for last week :P) Oh, and sorry about if there's any typos or I say something weird, I'm too tired to edit.... Au Revoir.


0 comments: