BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Haven't Been This Happy in a Long Time!!!

Has it really been that long since I posted?? What's happening to me?!?

Ah well, let's just start somewhere happy....

Oh yes! So there's this boy who I like who sent me a valentine, and he likes me back, and he's super nice and not like other boys that I've met. He asked me to be his valentine <3 That's all you need to know..... for now. So on Tuesday, we had our annual Special Needs Dance. I loved it last year, it was super fun! So this year I went as usual and had a blast! I met this special needs girl named Megan, she is sooo cute! She looked around my age or older, I don't know. She was so nice and funny! I love her, I just want to take her home! So I went up to a guy in my ward named Justin and asked him if he wanted to dance, but he said no. So Matt Wilcox went up to him and started yelling and he actually slapped him. I think it's so funny, everyone thought I'd be upset, but I think it's hilarious. I danced with Justin's older brother instead. After that I danced with Ethan. I loved it!

The next day was Solo and Ensemble. I told Mrs. Swallow that I had piano lessons at 3:15, so she scheduled me for 4:05 and I had to be there 15 minutes earlier. That gave me 5 minutes to get there, and piano's in Fruit Heights. Nice, and everything's scheduled so tightly that she'd have to move around five people to get me a different time. I don't blame her though, she was telling us how stressful it all is. It's my fault. So I had to miss piano. I sang Homeward Bound and Amanda, my amazingly awesomely talented cousin, played it for me. I had been practicing with her, and I was freaking out because my voice kept on cracking. I sounded like a boy going through puberty, and it was driving me crazy. I was freaking out a bit, maybe not a bit, but I wasn't too happy for a while. I was practicing all day to perform and wore out my voice, and 10 minutes before I performed, I couldn't sing any high notes. I was going to lose it, but I kept my "everything's all dandy and life is as good as potato soup" look. I was shaking so bad and I went in to sing for the judge. My voice sorta cracked once and my timing was off a couple of times, but I didn't think I sounded too bad, but I still thought he was secretly thinking "what was this girl doing when she was supposed to be practicing?" So I was really disappointed in myself, but I thought, at least it's over.

So the next day was the school dance. I decided to drag my friend with me and give it a try, because someone was going to be there <3. We just walked around and stuff and didn't really dance except for the slow dances. The first one, I danced with Jessie Jewett. A lot of people don't especially like him because they would consider him on more of the dorky side, but I think he's handsome, really nice, and funny. He's awesome! I then danced with Ethan for the next slow dance (for any of you wondering, we are best friends, that's the reason we dance a lot. We both like someone else). The next dance, I tried to get my friend Mckenzy to dance with Austin (the brother of the rejecter) and she said no, but then a guy named Tony said "if you dance with him, I'll dance with Celeste" I was screaming to her in my head "Dance with him NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!" She did, bless her heart, so I danced with Anthony. I was in heaven, and then he hugged me. <3 <3 <3 <3 AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

The next day, Friday, during choir Mrs. Swallow handed back out our scores for Solo and Ensemble. Oh, in case you peoples were wondering, Solo and Ensemble is like piano federation, and you either do a solo or ensemble with up to 16 people in a group, and it has be an art song. That means no pop, and it has to be a folk song or something like that. She said that getting a 1 ( or -1) is super good and amazing, especially if you've never performed before and don't have a voice teacher (or in my case, never worked on it with Mrs. Swallow). A 2 is still really really good and something to be proud of, and 3 means you're good, but there can be improvement. 4 and 5 means you sucked rocks. I was thinking to myself "I probably got a 2 or 3". So she called out names for people to get their solo papers. She then got out another pile with more solo paper stuff. She then said "Celeste!" So I stood up to get it but then she said "Now Celeste got a -1 on her solo, and her judge listed her as one of the top 3 he heard, but the only reason she didn't go on to district was because...." but I forgot to listen to that, I was in complete shock. Me? Who can't sing right and who thought that she was bad?? I decided not to question the wisdom of my now awesome judge, so I just took the paper while everyone screamed and clapped, and I sat down in shock and pride. My friend Heather also got a -1 and Michaela Micham, and Rachael Gutke got a 1. After that, we did recycling where all of girls choir on Fridays walk around and take out recycling and then walk around chatting in the halls for the rest of the period without getting in trouble. I ran over the Heather and hugged her, and then me and Rachel started screaming in amazement at our ability to sing. Heather didn't because she had a stomach ache. I was so happy! I professional judge told me I was a good singer!! John Conrad and Amanda told me I did a good job, but I thought they were just being nice. I can sing!!!!!!! I can sing!!!!!!!! I'm not crap!!!!!!!!!! I didn't stop smiling for a very long time. :D

The period after that, seventh, last and one of the best of the day, we got our valentines. During lunch for the past two weeks, we could pay 25 cents (where's the cents key on this?) to send someone a valentine cookie. So I paid $5 and gave out 20. I'm a giver. I got one from Anthony (a.k.a Tony), Mckenzy, Sammy, and a person called "me". If anyone knows who "me" is, let me know (it's not myself, that's not my handwriting). My science teacher had fun with the valentines, so he read each one out loud, so everyone could do the whole AAAWWWW!!! When someone got one from someone special. They did that when he gave out ones from me. He read out "To Celeste, from Tony the sexy one" because that's what it said so everyone was like OOOHHH AWWW WHO'S THIS WOW! And all that junk, but I was so happy! On it, he wrote "I love you" all over it. I told myself not to get my hopes up, he probably did this to other girls. But I couldn't resist feeling so wonderful and fuzzy inside. Who would've thought that Friday the 13th would be my happy wonderful day?? I haven't had a day as good as that in years. It's about to get better!!

So Sariah had a sleepover that night. I had to babysit because Mom and Grandma spent 10 hours shopping for her mission. We were on facebook for a while and I was talking to Tony and I got super excited about something he said, and then..........................

Sorry, I forgot my train of thought. I can't finish the story now. Sorry!!

I LOVE VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!

Who would've thought? Last year I was miserable on that day and I ended up getting sick and going a bit crazy with weird dreams and hallucinations. <3>

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Ow ow, Celeste! I noticed how someone named Anthony kept commenting on your new pictures on Facebook and calling you beautiful, lol! Anyways, I'm about to post on my blog for the first time in a loooonnngggg time, so check it out sometime.

Love, Amanda-lou