BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hundredth Post

Oh dear. It seems to have been quite a period of time since I have gotten around to this here blogging thing. But since my younger sisters aren't home yet and my parents have disappeared off somewhere, I will use this time to my advantage. You will also be pleased to be informed that this is my hundredth post. Isn't that grand?? I think so. So now to the interesting part about my wonderful life.

So in my last post, I was begging everyone to take my side in whether or not I should get a job at Lagoon. Well, I did indeed convince my mom to let me go to the job fair. And I did indeed get the job. And it is indeed wonderful. I'm doing games, and some people from my school are doing it too. My first meeting was last Thursday where I felt stupid because I don't really know where anything is because I only go there once or twice a year. But I had the meeting and there were a lot of people there and I got the info and got more excited for my job. My next meeting was supposed to be on Monday, but I was stuck inside of a car with the Conrads for 12 hours so I missed it. Therefore, I'm going to another meeting tomorrow to make up for it. I also have training this Saturday, and then I start working in April. Pretty cool stuff. After my meeting on Thursday, however, I didn't feel like waiting for Mom to pick me up, so I just walk/ran home. It only took an hour :P

The next day, I headed to California for Grandma and Grandpa Stevens' farewell. I went with the Conrads because they wanted to trade Porthos for me. We got there at 3AM on Saturday morning. It was amazing how there were no little sisters fighting over polypockets and no one was fighting over who got to sit where. So I had a good time there playing games and spending time with my family.

The next day we went to church where Grandma and Grandpa gave their delightful talks. It was interesting being at a ward in California. All of the youth were in one sunday school class and there weren't that many, and there were three young women. They were talking about how they already stand out in their schools because they're LDS and people watch them so they need to be good examples. I looked at Amanda and we both just kinda smiled. Not in Utah. The non-LDS people stand out. It was cool though. And I got to sight-read a hymn for young womens because no one there could play the piano except one lady could sort of play with one hand. I did an exceptional job, if I do say so myself. The sunday school and young women classes gave out a lot of candy for answering questions, but it was easy to answer because most of them you just say "pray!" "go to church!" "pray!" "read your scriptures!" "pray!"

The Stake President came over later to set Gamma and Gammpa apart and then we had delicious brownies that Cheryl so nicely made. I then played two games of settlers. Settlers is my favorite game and I don't get to play it very often. That's why whenever I'm around people who like to play Settlers in my family, I pounce.

The next day we went home. I got up early and had Grandpa's amazing pancakes and then left at around 9 or 10 AM I think. My amazing aunt and uncle got us all some Chinese food (yum!!!) for lunch and McDonald's for dinner.

It felt good to be home, even though it was at midnight. I had spent the whole entire day in the car. I stayed up another hour cleaning my room like a good little girl, yet I didn't do my homework. I told Ashley earlier that I would pay her $10.50 if she did my history, but Mom found out and said no. Therefore, I just didn't do it. Oh well, it was only 40 points. I didn't do a 50 point assignment last term in choir and still got an A-, and the computers at school were being stupid so I was unable to do a 100 point paper in English, but I still got a B. As long as I get really good scores on everything else, I'm good.

Today I went to school.

The End of my hundredth post!!!!

0 comments: