BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Musical Theater

I'm doing terrible at posting on this frequently. This is only like my third or fourth post of the new decade.

I guess I'll start with musical theater tryouts. The dance tryouts were last Monday. During musical theater (7th period), our choreographer, Melanie, came and taught everyone a cute dance to a song from the musical ("Bye Bye Birdie") called "One Last Kiss". It was pretty simple, but it took her a while to teach us because there were so many of us and it's impossible for teenagers to shut up for ten seconds. I was freaking out because I had a voice lesson at 3:45 and we were still learning the dance after school ended. When we started actually dancing in front of Ms. Swallow and Melanie for our tryouts, I made sure I was in the first group. I didn't do too well of job, but I really didn't care. I grabbed my stuff and ran out of the school. I got to my voice lesson exactly on time. I learned to sing a song called "I'm Not at all in Love" from "The Pajama Game".

I practiced the song and the skit for tryouts a lot, and I had my little sister, Hannah, help me because the girl I was trying out for is really hyper and weird. Hannah was very helpful.

On Wednesday during school, I had my tryout. Ms. Swallow just put everyone in the old drama room to watch "Bye Bye Birdie" while she had people come in one at a time for tryouts. I went in there, and refused to have myself look scared, and I told myself there is no reason to since I've sung in front of Swallow many times. I smiled, did my song and skit as best as I could even though I felt a bit ridiculous, and I was pretty confident about myself.

Later that day, Mom made me go shopping with her, and I started to feel sick. My head hurt and my whole body ached. I thought it was just because I was shopping, since I hate shopping and it tends to make me feel sick. I felt terrible, but I don't think my mom exactly believed me because I was complaining about shopping, and that usually isn't a good reason to be sick. I was excited when I got home, because I accidentally left my phone home, and when I checked my messages, my friend had left me a text saying "Congratulations, you made call backs." I flipped out. It wasn't because of the fact that I thought I would actually get a main part, but it was more because I was so happy that she would consider me for a part, and thought I did a good job, good enough that she would want me to have a lead part. It was exciting, since I never make anything and am terrible at everything I try.

The next day, I started to get ready for school in the morning and was starting to feel a little better, but by the time I was putting on make up I was dying. I could barely stand up and was putting on my make up as fast as I could in front of the mirror so I could quickly sit down. Finally, I gave in and decided to stay home from school. I pretty much just slept, or tried to. I woke up so many times, and I kept on having mini spaz attacks or something while sleeping which I think had to do with my dreams (my dreams were pretty fun though :D). I kept on freaking out and thinking that I was going to sleep too late and miss 7th period for call backs. Eventually, I woke up and then had Mom drive me to school. I went to 7th period, and Swallow just had everyone who had call backs sit in the front, and she gave us scripts and had us act out different sections for her in front of the class and after school too. I thought I did a good job, but not good enough to make a part. I think I would have been great for the part, but there were just people who worked better and could do it better than me. I was pretty much able to guess who would get which part.

The next day I went to school because I didn't know if they needed me in musical theater or not. It was miserable, I was freezing and aching and everyone told me I looked stoned. They didn't need me in musical theater after all, and they posted the cast list later after school. It only had the ten main characters, there are still tons of other smaller parts that I want to try out for. I'm actually glad I didn't get a main part because of lacrosse. There are so many other parts and I'm really excited.

Today, I went to lacrosse and was so happy because they changed our location from an old church parking lot to a nice field at an elementary school. We actually played a lot of lacrosse today instead of just practicing cradeling or catching, it was fun.

Now, I'm super excited for tomorrow, because it's the Special Needs dance for mutual!! It's an annual thing, and we get to dress up and go to a dance and dance with our wardies and special needs people and it's so awesome. It's a bit weird sometimes because some of the older special needs guys I dance with just grab my waist really tightly while we dance, so it's a little weird dancing, but it's still loads of fun and I love it. I will certainly post about that next time.

Goodnight everyone, you all make my dark days brighter.

1 comments:

kelsey. said...

Oh man! So I have YOU to blame for my illness ;) Haha nah just kidding, but I know how you feel! You are so brave for doing musical theater! You go girl! Haha well...the end! :)