BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sky Ride at Lagoon

Hey I haven't posted because there wasn't anything post worthy in my life other than lacrosse and I'm sure you guys have had enough of that. I could always tell you about my first kiss or something like that, but I'm sure you guys don't want to hear about that. Finally, something somewhat post worthy, my first day of work was today!! Yay!????

My older sister Ashley and I both are working at Lagoon this year, but instead of doing games I'm doing rides and so is Ashley. I've probably told you this, but why not say it again to refresh your memories. So today, I was supposed to work these two rides called "Lady Bug Bop" and "Dinosaur Drop" which are these rides that take you about thirty feet up in the air and drop you over and over which they have at about every amusement park, only this one doesn't go as high and it's cuter. I went there for about ten minutes before my supervisor called me on the phone and told me I needed to go to sky ride. Great.

Sky ride is kind of like a ski lift. You get on and it transports you from the north end to the south end or the other way around and it carries you maybe 100 feet in the air I think and takes seven minutes or something to go to each side of the park. It doesn't stop for loading or unloading so you have to go fast. Me and this guy named Alberto worked it, and for the first while I just unloaded people. Not a lot of people were on earlier in the day, so when no one's on, you have to clean. So each time one of the carriers came down, I would follow it while wiping it down then turn around and go meet the next one. It's pretty simple though, and it's tricky at first trying to say a speech so fast before people get off or start rising when they get on and you have to be constantly walking because you walk forward with the carrier and then you let go, turn around, and let the next people on or off and then walk with the carrier then turn around again. People have to stand in the ride area and when the ride comes, it just kinda knocks them onto the seat, and then when people come off they have to hurry and run off the carrier when I open the lap bar. I like letting people off more, because when you let people on you have to make sure not too many people are getting on, there are no loose articles, and you have to check for hand stamps and sometimes people have a hard time getting on the ride so you have to stop it. There are orange ropes that are in between the loading and unloading station that you pull on if someone needs help getting on or off or if there's an emergency or something and those save my life because we've had kids getting on that start to fall off or people who can't walk very well. When we do that, we have to call the other side and say "clear" so they can start the ride again or if they stop it then they call us. It's very nice. I made some stupid mistakes, but overall I think I did a spiffy job.

I've been avoiding my games managers and supervisors. I'm sure nothing would happen if they did see me, I just don't want them to. One of my favorite supervisors from games did see me though, and he said "What are you doing with a rides shirt??" and told me he'd delete me from his friends on facebook. He's cool. I miss my old games friends.

K, now that I've done a bad job explaining because I have nothing better to do, then I can express how "excited" I am to be doing stuff like that until the end of October, which is about 6 and a half months. Yay. Goodbye, thanks for reading this post I wrote because I have nothing better to do.

0 comments: