BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lacrosse!!

This weekend has been pretty crazy! I had five lacrosse games in less than twenty-four hours and I am sooo tired now! Sorry, I don't have any pictures of me playing (ALL of the cameras in my house seem to have disappeared, it irks me), but hopefully I will soon have some up so that you guys will have proof that I actually play lacrosse other than my word and those two team photos.

Anyway, I had a game last Tuesday against Weber at some park in Weber. I had to bring my lacrosse stuff to school and change right after. The whole team met up at my school at 3 and then we just all piled into peoples' cars and left. We got there around 4, so we of course ran and practiced our catching and all that fun stuff. My friend, Sammy Facer, and I weren't very happy because we, once again, didn't get to start and we haven't gotten to play very much at any of our past games which isn't fair. Everyone else is comfortable playing and knows how everything goes while it's a treat if Sammy and I get to be on the field for more than five minutes and we still don't really get what we're doing. Our team scored 12 goals before we got to play. When I finally did go in, I was pretty excited and nervous since I don't get to play too much. I play attack and so does Sammy. The ball was over on our offense side and someone tried to score, but Weber's goalie caught the ball and then yelled "clear!" and then is supposed to pass it to one of her teammates. The goalie threw the ball, and I noticed that it was going near me so I instinctively moved that way and put my stick up.....and caught the ball. I stood there in shock for about two seconds, I had just caught the ball and made an interception. Did I really just do that? Then, I heard a bunch of girls yell "Celeste, RUN!!!'' I came back to my senses, freaked out, and started running with the ball towards the goal. A bunch of girls from the other team blocked me though, so I threw it to someone else. After that was all done and some ref had blown the whistle over something, I looked around at my coaches and they yelled "good job!" so I gave them a thumbs up. After that, I tried to get a ground ball but another girl got there first, so I checked her (hit her stick with mine) and the ball fell out but she got it again so then I tried to check her again but did an illegal one and got called for it. Oops. Around three minutes later, a girl on my team, Addie, got the ball and started running back to offense. Someone from Weber did an illegal check, so we had to stop, and she was about ten feet from me. She gave me a meaningful look and I heard one of my coaches yell "get the ball Celeste!" So, when the whistle blew again to resume game, Addie threw it to me. I, of course, dropped it. But then, I ran and picked it up and ran as fast as I could to the goal and dodged all of the other players and threw it and I scored!!!! I was so happy and all the girls on my team were freaking out. It kinda bothered me that they were making such a big deal about it since they obviously didn't think I could do it or they wouldn't've been going so crazy, but I was so happy!! But of course, a few minutes later, my coach, Sam, pulled me out again. She said I did a good job though. I was happy, I made my first goal, and my goal for the whole season was to score and I did it at the third game! I got to play more the second half (lacrosse games are divided into two 20 minutes halves), but didn't do much else. Sammy was mad though, because she missed cheerleading at her last away game to come to this game, and she barely got to play so I felt kinda bad. I didn't get to play much either, but scoring made up for that. It was a good game, and we won 17-3.

The next couple of days at practice, I improved a lot more and Sam and Alli (my other coach) kept on telling me how much better I'm getting.

On Friday, we had our first tournament game. We went up to a place in North Salt Lake called Hatch Park and played against Davis. We weren't really happy we had to play them because we had already played, and beaten, them two times already. My mom and sisters all came to watch. I got to play a lot more that game, almost the whole time. At the end of the game, us and Davis were tied 7-7, so we had to go into over time where we play two three-minutes halves. We scored two more times so we won 9-7.

Because of some things that came up, Sammy and I decided we wanted to have a sleepover at my house.

The next morning, we woke up at 6 am to go to lacrosse. Sammy's mom had brought her stuff over. So my mom drove us to lacrosse and we played against Woods Cross. Sammy could only go to half of it because she had Lagoon training at 9 (I had training too, but I skipped it). They beat us, but it didn't matter because it was only a tournament and not a season game and it wasn't really fair since they were varsity and we are a first year team and only junior varsity. After that, we drove back to Centerville to have an actual game for our season against Olympus at 10. We beat them, and I scored again. It was a pretty fun game, but it went by fast. After that, we had to drive back up to Hatch Park for a game against Cache Valley at 12. They were varsity too, so we got beaten again. We then had one more game, and since Davis lost to Wood's Cross, we had to play Davis for a fourth time at 2:30. No one wanted to play them so we weren't very happy. Needless to say, we beat them again.

When I got home, I was so tired so I took a three hour nap. When I woke up, I saw that I had gotten sunburned, and I now look ridiculous because there's a tan line on my arms where I rolled up my under armor (long-sleeved undershirt for lacrosse), and I have a small place right on the bottom of my legs from my leggings because they don't go all the way down, and my face is sun burned. But, I have a nice, attractive white line going across my forehead, around my eyes, and on the bridge of my nose from my goggles. A lot of people were commenting on it at church, but it doesn't look too bad now since I put make-up on it (thank-you Mary Kay!).

So, I had a pretty exhausting yet exciting day yesterday (and Friday I guess...). I'm so happy because I got to play a lot more and I got the ball quite a bit. I still never stop surprising myself with how stupid I am on the field though, I do so many stupid things and do panic passes once I get the ball, but hopefully that will go away with more experience. I love lacrosse!!!

P.S. Sorry if my grammar isn't very good in this post and or if it was hard to follow at all. I'm too tired to try to have it make more sense, so just pretend it does.

0 comments: