BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lacrosse, Basketball, and Choir

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been thinking about it, but there was nothing so terrible exciting in my life that I felt I had to share it with the world of bloggers. However, it's been too long and there have been some pretty spiffy things that have happened this past week.

Wednesday night, I had a choir concert! We sang three songs, Dies Irae, Ich Liebe Dich, and Music Down in my Soul. Dies Irae is a Latin song by Mozart that is super fun to sing. It's really loud and powerful and is saying how when God comes again on the judgment day, on the day of wrath, we had better hope we were good or we'll be screwed. I actually enjoyed singing soprano on this song, because it was so intense, and I love singing high note intensely. It was just a cool song. The next song, Ich Liebe Dich, is in German. I sang second soprano. It's a slow love song, and it isn't too many people's favorite. It's really slow and boring and was a pain to learn, but now that I have performed it, I do respect the song as a nice arrangement and full of sweetness, and now I like to tell my choir friends "Ich liebe dich" because it means "I love you" in German. I think German is so cool, and once I'm done with Chinese and English, I want to learn it. The third song was Music Down in my Soul. I absolutely loved this song. It's so much fun to sing, we're singing about how much we love the Lord and how we've got this "music down in my soul, and it fills my heart with the joy of the Lord". It's super fun and upbeat and energetic, and at one point, a bunch of basses sing "Do you love the Lord?" and then the rest of us sing "I love the Lord!" and then later on we do some clapping. I loved that song, and it was even cooler because I was a second soprano, so I wasn't trying to screech out a bunch of high notes. It was a good concert, and I've got to perform them again at Large Ensemble Festival this Tuesday at a high school.

On Thursday was my first Lacrosse game!! I was so excited, and we got to play our rival school, Davis. I didn't get to play as much as I liked, but it was still fun to just stand there in my mini skirt and watch my team play and cheer them on. Our uniforms are so cute, and I love the mini skirts! Though, I must say it is definitely a new experience running around in a game with a mini skirt on. Anyway, we kicked Davis' butt. I was especially happy because their boy's varsity team was there, and they were totally showing off and wouldn't shut up and were annoying me. The Davis JV team were kinda annoying to play, they clumped a lot and didn't really play very cleanly and all of our girls were getting frustrated with them. The final score was 12 to 5, and then we got to sign some of our posters which we are going to sell. This is the poster:



I'm on the far left, looking like I'm from the ring. I hate the picture of me, I think I look stupid and maybe it would work more if you could actually see muscle, but I'm at an angle were you can't even tell I have any (and yes, I do :]), but overall the picture is pretty spiffy. We signed like ten of them. It was then that I noticed that I have a crappy signature. Oh well. I love lacrosse!

On Friday, Ashley and I went to the Lagoon parkwide orientation. Afterwards, we helped our mom clean for her Mary Kay party, then I went off with Sammy. We went to Kohl's to try on dresses, and then we went to my young women basketball game. We made it to regions, and we won our game that night again. We are undefeated! After that, I just hung with Sammy at my house for an hour and tried not to fall asleep because I was so tired.

Today, I went to another Young Women basketball game, we were in the quarter finals. However, the team that we played were amazing and we just couldn't beat them. Even though they beat us pretty badly (29 to 9 I think) I still have so much fun because I've never played such a competitive team before and I really just enjoy playing. I didn't make any of my shots (they were sooo close!), but I ran with the ball down court a couple of times which is very exciting, and I think we all did a really good job. Even our smallest and newest player, Abbie England, make two shots and even made a foul! Now, I'm about to go to a Mary Kay part for lacrosse. I hope people come! Bye everyone!

P.S. I cut my hair, it's like three inches shorter, thinner, has more layers, and my bangs are shorter now. I love it!!!!


0 comments: