BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

For Lack of a Better Title: Stuff

My life is getting crazy. I'm doing musical theater, choir, piano, lacrosse, and I'm working at Lagoon. starting towards the end of next month, I'll be having musical theater multiple days a week and even until late at night after school once the musical comes closer. Right now, I only have it on Mondays after school. Choir was a bit crazy because I've had a couple performances this past week and still have some to go in a couple months. I still have to find time to practice the piano and I have it once a week. Lacrosse is every day after school from 3:30 to 5:30, and I still have 8 more games. I have around 8 more days of training for Lagoon and the season starts in a couple weeks and I'll soon be working every weekend. Let's not forget that I like to hang out with friends every weekend too. What am I getting myself into? Oh well, it will all be worth it. Well it should. I hope. Maybe.

On Tuesday right after school, Ashley and I went to the rides department orientation at Lagoon. I had to miss a lacrosse game that day for Lagoon and choir. We got to watch cute videos from the 90's about operating rides at amusement parks. That lasted a couple of hours and was very gripping, I was so into it I almost fell asleep from the excitement. After it ended and talking to my managers because I wasn't in the computer for some annoying weird reason, I got home for five minutes to put on my choir dress, then headed to Syracuse.

The concert choir and madrigals at my school went a thing called Large Ensemble Festival. There were six other choirs there I think that sang, but I missed all but the last one because I was late getting there. Each choir sings three songs and sight sings and gets rated, 1+ being the highest (just like solo and ensemble) and 5 the lowest. We sang the three songs that we sang for our concert, Dies Irae, Ich Liebe Dich, and Music Down in my Soul. It was a bit hectic on stage because there were so many of us. When the lady was announcing our choir and our choir officers, she said some of their names really weird so everyone on stage was trying not to laugh. Also, right when we started our first piece, someone behind me hiccuped which made everyone start to laugh and then someone started clapping all weird for our last song which made a couple people laugh too. It makes it hard to sing when you're trying not to laugh, and also Ms. Swallow was making faces at us when we did something weird. I thought we did a good job though. Ms. Swallow had to play the song Dies Irae on the piano and it's really complex so she barely conducted us on the song and we had to sing it with only her looking up every now and then to bring us in. We sounded really good on our other songs. The songs we did were very advanced for a junior high and most junior highs wouldn't consider doing songs like that, especially a 5 part German song a-capella. The sight singing was tricky. During class, we just sight sang hymns out of a Baptist hymnal with words, but the one we did at the LEF had no words so it was easier to get lost and then the parts were all over the place. We did a good job though. We got a 1's on our songs and a 1- for our sight singing which was really good. Amanda (my cousin for those who don't know yet even though I mention her quite a bit) was at the LEF too. She goes to Fairfield and she got to see me sing. I was sad I missed her school sing, I've never gone to one of her music things and it makes me feel kinda bad. I got to see her after though and I gave her a hug. We finally got done at 7:30, and then we had to wait outside for half an hour for the buses to come and it was freezing! After suffering through the cold, we got on the buses at 8 I think. It took us a while to get home, and it was kinda fun riding in a dark bus with a bunch of kids from choir. It was a cool experience and I'm glad my school's choir did such a good job.

For mutual on Wednesday, we did something like the Amazing Race where we were put into teams and drove around Farmington and found five different leaders who made us do the chicken dance, play tennis, run three laps, pop balloons, and do a puzzle. It was fun, and we got root beer floats at the end.

All I remember from Thursday was lacrosse, and it was spiffy.

Friday was fun. During English, my teacher was working on grades and citizenship and having everyone tell her what assignments they did and what citizenship they think they got and all that good stuff when she mentioned how me and another girl could use some extra credit. I had a B+ but I probably had the lowest grade in the class. Suddenly, without any warning at all, she said "Celeste is going to give an oral report about how Pyramus and Thisbe is similar or different than Romeo and Juliet. She has one minute to prepare, someone start counting." I had a bit of a freak out right there. I just stared at Mrs. Shinn for a couple seconds in freak out mode and then looked around like an animal trying to find an escape route. I frantically tried to find any notes I might've taken on the short story called "Pyramus and Thisbe." The girl in front of me let me borrow her notes and quickly read over them as fast as I could and tried to gather my frantic thoughts together while Mrs. Shinn kept on talking to everyone else about other stuff. She then had me go to the front of the class and have me give me report. I must say, giving oral reports with one minute notice that has to do with a weird story I only read three days ago and with nothing but my brain isn't too fun. However, I gave it as best as I could and everyone told me afterward that they were impressed. Go me. My grade went up to an A-. Now, I have all A's except for math, but there's not much hope for me with that anyway so I just pretend that that grade doesn't exist.

After school, me, Sammy, and Davis went to the annual boys basketball team versus the teachers game at our school, but we only went for 15 minutes. We then went to Davis's house for an hour, then me and Sammy went back to my house. At around 9, Davis came over and hung out with us which was super fun. I straightened my hair that day, it was sexy.

This morning, I got to go to go to Lagoon for training!! It started at 9 AM and it was freezing. There were only 5 other people in my group, and we learned how to work Speedway Junior which is a little kid ride where they go in little cars around a track. We also did Dinosaur Drop and Lady Bug Bop and the rollercoaster. After taking a test and being kind of certified, I went home for an hour during lunch because I was cold and hungry. I went back there again at 1 for our SBA. I forget what it stands for, but they tested us on the rides. But, they didn't have us actually work them, they just had us go through how to work them. Since I'm 15, I don't get to press all the cool pretty buttons like the people over 16, I just get to load and unload people and press a couple of not as cool buttons. I am now certified to work at those rides. I got done early and Mom and Ashley had the cars, so I just started to walk home. Davis wanted to pick me up though, so when I was half way home, he (well, technically his dad) picked me up and took me home which was so nice of them and saved me from walking an extra 30-40 minutes. It was delightful.

Just so you guys know, and so that people won't freak out at me later for some stupid reason, everything I say on this blog regarding Lagoon is my opinion only and isn't the opinion of Lagoon as I am not authorized to say anything on behalf of Lagoon. There, now if someone has a problem, they can look here and now that these things I say about Lagoon are my own opinion on how wonderful it is and nothing I say on here is Lagoon's opinion or in behalf of Lagoon. These are my own opinions.

Now, I'm going to attempt to take a nap because I've been falling asleep in English this week, I'm soooo tired! Goodbye

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. nice cover. now i know that lagoon doesn't think those things...i was concerned.