BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Church Hobby

I have found a hobby to do during church when the talks aren't quite enough to entertain me. I got a mini composition book some years back, and I used to write notes in it but no longer do. One Sunday, I got bored and so I decided to draw the shoe I was wearing. The following Sunday, I was wearing a different shoe, and so I drew that too. I didn't do this every Sunday, but whenever I remembered and whenever someone happened to be wearing a new shoe, I would draw it to pass the time. It has also been proven that people who doodle or draw while listening to someone talk can remember more of what they said, so this is actually helping me with my church education and is improving my drawing skills. They aren't amazing, but they are pretty fun to look at and I'll hope that no one compares my drawing skills to anyone (especially amazingly talented artist girl cousins...) So here are my shoe drawings, from my first ever drawn shoe to the one that I drew last Sunday. In the upper left corner of the paper, I wrote the first name of the person whose shoe I drew. Enjoy! P.S. I have issues with scanners and have yet to learn their ways, so I did just take pictures of these pictures with my camera.


First one that I ever drew. It's simple, but I'm very fond of it. This shoe was the start of it all... This is actually my older sister's shoe, but I was wearing it at the time and I wear it more than her so I considered it mine.






This one and the next one are the same shoes, just from different angles.




This was a very old, battered shoe.


This one was tricky for me at the time, and you can tell. I doubt it would be now though because I'm just so amazing now. Not one of my favorites, I don't like sandals and I refuse to wear them.


I love this one, I was very proud of myself and this is one of my favorite shoes.




I really like this shoe, and it's actually a really nice red color.


My dad drew this.


This is a pretty poor representation of the actual shoe. The shoe is not that fat and has a higher heel and is very black and shiny. I bought it for a school dance. I wasn't having a very good drawing time.


This shoe makes me happy.


As does this one.





My dad wanted me to draw his shoe during church one day.



And this one I did last Sunday.

Well that's it, those are my amateur shoe drawings. I draw shoes as people in my family wear new ones to church, so I'll post more if my sisters get more shoes to wear and for me to draw. Goodbye.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha ha, I love it! The best thing to do to improve at drawing is to draw as much as possible. Your dad's drawing cracked me up, by the way :)