BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Posting Again =O

I'm tired don't have much else to do other than cook dinner so I figured I shall update my neglected blog. I have been planning to post something all month, but I was too lazy. I would much rather be on facebook talking to a certain someone than letting the probably two people who read my blog know how fantabulous my life is right now. But alas, he isn't on :( So here goes me rambling on about really random stuff, enjoy.

I was going to write about how dad celebrates his birfday on the 7th and I went to the temple with Marjorie, John, and Amanda that day. We did baptisms and then did some other secretive stuff. After, we adjourned to some store that I can't remember (was it Albertson's....?) and got my daddy balloons and ice cream. I came home and quickly cleaned up the house my little sisters so kindly messed up, and then kicked out Hannah and sent her to Marjorie's house while I got Amanda in return. Amanda and I then proceeded to attempt to make cupcakes from scratch from a recipe we found on the Internet. We did all of the instructions and popped it in the oven and when they came out, I said "Amanda, I think we did something wrong." They looked like chocolate mini volcanoes. I felt terrible because I wanted to make something nice for Dad but we totally screwed up, and I think I probably did something wrong because Amanda never messes up and gets straight A's. But when my father looked at them, he burst out laughing. So I guess he liked them, even though we didn't eat them. I took a picture but this stupid computer doesn't have a slot for memory cards and I didn't feel like stealing Mom's computer to put them on. Sorry.

We're singing Bohemian Rhapsody in choir, the boys and girls chorus which is pretty cool. If you've never heard the song before, then click on this section of the sentence to be sent through a magical portal to youtube to view it. We have to skip the first verse in the song because, in case you didn't notice, it's about a guy saying he killed a man and that's not school appropriate. I love this song. It's pretty sweet. I'll have to make my parents record the performance.

I tried out for madrigals at my school and I didn't make it. But I talked to my choir teacher and she said I almost did, that I was very close. That's marvelous.

I tried out for musical theater and made it. That's grand.

I'm doing track and I'm horrible at it. That's not good. I have a meet tomorrow and I don't want to go because I can't do anything well. The only thing I'm actually good at is musical stuff. The only sport I was ever pretty good at was gymnastics. But I needed a lot of extra training to catch up with the other girls and to get good at it. Sadly, I'm no longer in gymnastics and it makes me very sad. I don't have a sport anymore that I can say I love to play and am great at. Volleyball I'm okay at, but I wasn't good enough to make the team two years in a row, and chances are that I won't make it this year either. I want to do tumbling really bad, but I can't find the time or money. I would be good at that. Maybe. It's just like gymnastics, minus the vault, beam, bars, leotard, rips, and straddling the beam.

I had my first day of work at Lagoon on the 11th. I was nervous but I had someone helping me for most of the time. They had me do "Guess It" which really irritated me at first. I have to guess a person's weight, age, or birth month, and if I get it wrong then they win. And I'm not very good at guessing. A ton of people wanted to play my game, more than the other ones. A ton of them won. I guess this one guy was 280 pounds and he was over 300. I guess a little kid was six, and he was actually nine. Oops. And I had a microphone so everyone could hear me which I didn't like. I prefer a small game where people just have to throw a basketball or something where I don't have to make people feel bad or guess their stupid weight and I don't have to talk in a microphone. And next week I'm doing "Day at the Races" where I'll have another microphone. Joy. Soon, I'll be working almost every day of the summer. That will be great, and I'll get a farmer's tan because of my stupid Lagoon shirt. But don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm working there, it's going to be great.

Grandma and Grandpa are at the MTC now, and it makes me sad to know that I won't see them until I'm 16, unless they can escape for my mom's graduation. I'll be weird even though I don't see them too often, I'll be sad knowing they're gone. But it's for a good cause. Mongolia is going to be so cool and I can't wait to hear their stories when they get back.

I think Stephanie is coming home tomorrow or something from Jerusalem. That's terrific.

I shall go serve my family dinner now, sloppy joes. Yum yum.


1 comments:

mooresclan said...

Celeste,
I am glad you are posting again. I missed you. I hope life is good. I love you.