BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Playing Happy Birfday on the Piano While Running

So like none of my posts have a general theme to them. I just say a bunch of random things that have happened so I can never think of a title to sum it all up, so that's why I'm doing these weird ones. I got the idea from Hannah.

This last Tuesday I went to my second track meet. I was really dreading this because I was running the 400 meter dash again and last time I did it I felt like I was going to pass out. So while I waited for my event to start, I sat on the bleachers and tried to get tan while I read my book. I ended up getting sunburned because I didn't have any sunscreen. I know I'm stupid, don't remind me. It's been hurting pretty bad today, but at least it's fade into a tan eventually. So when it was my turn to go and run, I was really nervous. I saved a bag of cut up apples in lemon juice for a reward after the race was over, so I just focused on that while I got ready to run. So I ran. I was surprised at how it seemed a bit easier that time, I didn't want to stop and die the last 100 meters like last time, though I can't say I was feeling great. When it was over, I was extremely out of breath, but there was no head ache and I was only slightly dizzy. I was so happy! My coach told me I ran it in 1 minute and 13 seconds which was 3 seconds better than last time, and I got 4th place again. Yay. I went up to get my apples and saw to my delight that Sariah and Heather's moms were there so I sat by them and shared my food. It was great.

I got home at around 5:45 PM, and I had a piano recital at 6:30 up in Layton. My hair was in a messy pony tail and really frizzy, my mascara was coming off, and I was sweaty. I was supposed to wear "Sunday best" to the recital. I must say, it took a bit of work to make me look okay in time. I was actually proud of myself for how improved I made myself in ten minutes, it was amazing. So Dad came with to watch me play. Amanda and Chelsie were playing in the recital too. I find that I love piano recitals. It's so fun to hear everyone's pieces, and it's amazing to watch little 6 and 7 year olds play songs that sound great. I hadn't been in a recital in like a year so it was nice to perform again. I wasn't as nervous as I usually get which was nice so I wasn't fumbling all over the keys. I had the song barely memorized but I didn't exactly mess up. I added a couple extra notes on accident but they sounded like they belonged there so it was fine. I was so proud of myself. Amanda's piece sounded really good and I'm amazed at how good Chelsie is. They're really good pianists.

After the recital, I headed home to celebrate Emma Jo's 6th birfday. It seems weird that she's 6 now, she's getting so old. She's supposed to stay my 4-year old sister forever. I got to wrap her awesome presents for her while Grandma Carol and the Conrads came. Emma opened presents and then we had ice cream cake (and I had McDonalds :P). She got some sweet stuff, for a 6 year old I mean. One of her presents was a mini soccer ball and net which I played with her yesterday and she beat me by one point ;)

I'm drawing a picture of Emma for art class and it's going to be so cool! So far I've just done the head shape and figured out where I'm going to put her eyes and I started drawing the general shape of her hair today. That was really hard since she has curly hair like me (but mine is curlier :D). It took me forever but now it's starting to really look like her and I can't wait to add more details to her face. My art teacher said I did a good job with her hair. I'll post it on here when I finish.

0 comments: