BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Mom's Graduation

Today I got to happily miss school because of my mother's graduation. For those who maybe don't know, she got her master's degree in accounting which is pretty impressive and something I'd never ever want to do. I still don't know what I want to do when I'm older, maybe human resources or a teacher.....

Anyway, last year I got to go to her bachelor's degree graduation. She made us go to both of the ceremonies so I had to sit in a huge stadium and watch people talk for a long time. I remember the first speaker was pretty funny, but the second one was a woman who was a deacon of some religion, and about thirty seconds into her talk I was asleep. I brought a book with me to her graduation last year, and finished the whole thing in one day.

So back to the present. Mom only made us go to the second ceremony thing where they put some cape thing on her and take her picture and give her some papers saying that she graduated. My dad, my sisters, and I went to the book store to get some stuff before it started for fun and looked at some awesome Weber stuff. I don't get why they call it a book store, they didn't really sell that many books. Hmmmm.

So we hung out at the "book" store for a while and bought some nifty stuff and then went to the ceremony. We got there a bit late so we had to sit pretty high up which was making Ashley and Hannah nervous. I was afraid to trip, because if I did then I would probably fall off of there. I wanted to throw my candy down on the people below, but I didn't think Dad would be very happy with me, or the people who the candy hit. So it finally started and all of the graduates started walking in a line to their seats while we had to stand and clap for a long time and hear the same song over and over and over again. I was very excited when I saw Mom down there walking so I yelled "Oh my gosh! That's my mother!" really loud but then Dad shushed me and Hannah and Ashley started laughing. Whenever we had to clap for something, I clapped as loud as I could and kept clapping until everyone else had stopped. I was forced to sit there and wasn't allowed to listen to my ipod while guys in weird, colorful, medieval graduation outfit things talked about how wonderful school and Weber and how good his education-filled life has been and blah blah blah. A couple of the things they mentioned were interesting though.

They finally started the annoying graduation song that never ends and had the graduates come up and do their stuff and receive their weird capes and fois de papiers. The masters of accounting started first, thank-goodness, and Mom was like 6th in line. When they called her name I shouted as loud as I could "GO MOM!!" so that everyone would know that her awesome daughter was proud of her. I saw her smile when I yelled that :) After she was done walking and shaking hands with the old people, I was able to get out my ipod and watch "Heroes" season 1 with Ashley.

After the graduation was over, we met up with Mom. Dad got a card and wrote "Congratulations Wildcat" on it which reminded me of High School Musical. He also got her a Weber teddy bear and Weber chocolates. We then took a few pictures. I wanted a couple of us acting like wildcats, but no one else was too keen on that idea. I though it would precious.

We then drove away from that school and to "Granny Annie's Family Diner" which I had only been to once before. The first time I went there, I went with Mom before seeing "The Scarlet Pimpernel" at Davis High School and we paid for our whole meal with coins. Mom was afraid that she embarrassed me but I thought it was funny. So we went in and I had a delicious bacon cheese burger. I can't even describe how good it was. Mmmmmmmmm :P And I had fries. When we started to leave, Hannah was hanging back at the table and was quickly stuffing left-overs from my plate into her mouth and other scraps. She acted like we never feed her. We started to walk out the door and she ran back to the table and grabbed some chips from my plate. Then right when we got home, she started making noodles. I haven't been able to eat Top Ramen since I dissected a frog in science and this stuff inside of its stomach looked like Top Ramen noodles. Eeeeeeww!!

I played basketball outside for a while and then happily took a three hour nap before waking up to go try out for my stake musical. It took me like 15 minutes to walk to the Stake Center for just a two minute try out. Thankfully, Heather Lieber gave me a ride home. I think I did ok, and Bro. Barlow said "you're in" so I take it that I wasn't bad then.

Ashley said she's never going to invite me to her graduation.

I got 92% on my geometry test!!

I made Seven Layer Dip for dinner tonight. It was so good. I'm a wonderful chef thanks to me having to cook a lot.

I hope my music playlist doesn't annoy you. I just chose some random songs I like including some piano and Disney ones.

0 comments: