BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Day of the Mothers

I think most if not all of you have found out that today is Mother's Day. It would be shameful for me to pass this day without saying something to my wonderful mother and grandmothers. They are amazing women and mean a lot to me.

So, my mother Wendy. She is an awesome mom and I love her so much. She has done so much for me. This past Monday, she took me shopping for clothes and last night she bought me a beautiful skirt and shirt. My mom has a good sense of style. Most of the clothes that she picks out for me I love and the clothes she wears are always very nice. I've always been proud to say that my mom doesn't dress in ugly mommy clothes or have a mom bob. She went to my track meet on Friday to watch my minute and a half of running and cheer me on. No matter what sport I did, Mom has always supported me. She went to my soccer games when I was younger and sometimes was my coach. She paid for me to have swimming, dance, and gymnastics lessons. With my dance classes, she went to all of my recitals and supported me. When I did gymnastics, she went to every single meet that I had, even the once in Cedar City, and there were more than ten meets and each one lasted at least 5 hours. She cheered me on the whole time and made me feel better when I didn't do very well. She paid for all of my gymnastics things and for private lessons so that I could get better. At home, she spotted me in the living room when I did back-hand-springs. She takes me shopping and does many fun things with me. She has forced me to do piano which I have come to love to play and helped me get better. When I was in A Brand New Year, Mom took me shopping for my clothes for that and took me to my practices. Mom helps me with school work and values education. In fifth grade, she even home-schooled me. She got history, spelling, math, and reading books for me and taught me more that I would have if I stayed in a public school. When I went to do CRT testing at the end of 5th grade at my original public school, I had learned more than my class did. Whenever she gets a calling, she does a great job with it. When she did Activity Days, she had super fun things that we would do and I always looked forward to it. In Young Womens, she was still a great teacher and I was so happy that she came with to girls' camp. While there, she did everyone's hair. She used to play the piano for the relief society and now plays for primary. And even though she really doesn't like it, she practices the songs and dutifully does it and does a wonderful job. While I was in 4th and 5th grade, she went to beauty school. She worked very hard and sometimes took me with her to her school. Even though she didn't finish, she is now very good at cutting hair and dying it. She cuts my hair all the time and used to love to high light and dye my hair. Mom went back to college a couple of years ago and got her Master's Degree at Weber State University in just two years which is amazing. Mom did like 20 credit hours a term which is crazy. She worked so hard and got straight A's. Those two years were hard having her at school a lot and she had to study and do homework a lot. I'm so proud of her for getting her Master's Degree in Accounting, and I know that's something that I'd never want to do. And today after sacrament meeting was over, she let me lay down on her for about ten minutes which was relaxing because I was really tired. There are tons of more things I could say about her, but then this post would never end. I love my mommy!!!!
Okay, now it's time for my wonderful Grandma Joan. She is on mission in Mongolia right now and I'm so proud of her for going. I always look forward to seeing Grandma Joan. She likes to play games so I'm always begging her to play with me. Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride are my favorites to play with her, and she is very good and competitive. She isn't the kind of grandma who will let you win, she fights hard which makes is extremely fun. I've only beat her two or three times at Settlers, but those were very proud moments of my life. I love going to visit because she has such a nice house and she's fun to be around. I love to just talk to her, play games, help clean, cook, or even read beside her. She helps me a lot with math and piano since she's amazing at piano and used to teach junior high math. Grandma Joan has a very strong testimony in the church and always makes sure that we have family prayer. I love her so much and hope that I can be as great a grandmother as she has been.

Now I get to talk about my Grandma Carol. I love her very much. I can remeber having a lot of sleepovers at her house and her dogs, Sparky and Edison. She would always have Dinty Moore stew which I had every single time, and she had Nesquik chocolate milk. She always had Bugs Bunny videos that I loved to watch. She had tons of toys that I played with, and she would spend forever to make sure that each of us sleeping over were warm and comfortable and had enough to eat. Grandma Carol always buys us stuff at the local dollar store. They are such cool gifts, she would usually get us stuff like socks, stationary, clothes, pens, notebooks, and a lot of other cool stuff. She always wants to hang out with us. She would take us to the movies, temple square, or just to her house for a sleepover. I have many really fun memories of her and I love her so much. I remember a time when my whole family was super sick and we couldn't do much so we were just all laying at home and she came over and brought us some sprite and gatorade and took care of us which was really nice. Another time I was feeling sick so my parents left me at home while they went to church and I woke up about an hour after church had started and was throwing up and I couldn't think of anyone to call so I called Grandma Carol and she came down and took care of me until they came home. She has been a great grandmother and is always there for me and I'm so grateful for all of the stuff she has done. I really love her.

Those three women mean a lot to me and have greatly impacted my life. All of my aunts are really great women too, but I don't have time to list everything they have done. But I love all you aunts too and am grateful for every one of you. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!


Mom at my gymnastics meet in Cedar City in 2006.


Grandma Joan at some place....anyway doesn't she look nice??
I feel bad because this is the only picture of Grandma Carol that I can find, I searched for a long time. If you look past my little sister, Emma, and my dog Daisy's back side, you'll see my dear grandma to the right of the picture right next to my other little sister, Hannah. This was Easter three years ago.

Christmas Eve 2006

My Grandma and me about three years ago when most of the Steven's family stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house for a couple weeks in the summer. That was such a fun time.

Grandma Joan and Granda Wesley.

Mom's graduation last year when she got her Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.

I didn't even know I had this, this was forever ago!! This is Grandma, Grandpa, Amanda, and me (behind the camera) playing a game at Grandma's house in California.

2 comments:

mooresclan said...

Congratulations. You really do have amazing women in your life.

Bonnie said...

That was beautiful Celeste. You made me cry.