BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

My Haircut and Picture

Wow I'm on a roll here! It's only been three days and I'm already posting again! Let's see if I can keep this going, then my posts won't be so long. Hopefully.

Lately I've been wanting a change with my hair. It's been annoying how it always looks the same and I want something new and exciting with it. A bunch of people have told me they like my hair the way it is, but I didn't care what they said. So yesterday evening, I asked Mom to give my hair a trim and put in some layers. She made me straighten my hair first which was a bit annoying because it takes forever to do and I like my hair better when it's curly. But I did indeed spend a long time in my bedroom straightening my hair to make my mom's job of cutting my hair easier. After my hair was straight, I went upstairs and got my hair cut. I did say just a trim but Mom ended up taking off like three inches or something. She then spent forever thinning it which sorta hurts because it pulls at my hair. But she gave me a lot of layers and when she was finished I was pretty happy with it, even though I couldn't tell what it would look like curly because it was straight. at the moment I looked down at the bathroom floor and there was tons of hair down there, it looked like enough to make a wig. I couldn't believe that most of that had come from me.

So today I washed my hair and tried to style it my usual way when I found, to my delight, that it took me less than ten minutes to do. I was ecstatic and it looked so good! At school not a lot of people seemed to tell that I had done anything to it. I, however, could see a huge difference and I love it! I'll have to post a picture sometime if I ever get around to it.

On my status on facebook, I said that my hair was as short as a boy's hair and freaked out a couple of my friends. It was funny.

On Friday night, I stayed up until 3 AM drawing a portrait of me using my 7th grade school picture since I've been learning to draw the human face in art this year. It's not perfect, but I think it's good considering it's my first time ever doing it. Check it out:


My 7th grade school picture that I drew.


And the picture that I drew while half asleep! Hopefully I'll get better at this.

This is pretty cool to me because I've always wanted to be able to draw like this. I've wanted to be an artist for as long as I can remember because I would watch Stephanie draw and she is amazing! She's also the reason why I love piano so much and am currently attempting to learn to play "All of Me" (I can play the first three pages pretty fast and the next three slowly, but I'm getting better!!). Hopefully I'll be as good as her someday.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your drawing is very good. I've always wished I could draw. Even my stick figures are pretty sad.