BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Running with Grandma at Lagoon

I'm posting again because knowing me, my next post won't be until May. It's funny how I spend a long time on the computer but don't get around to posting on my blog. I feel like an old lady doing this. What kind of teenager likes blogging?? I guess I'm just unique :D

Oh, I didn't really run with grandma at Lagoon. That would be....weird.....

So I mentioned before how I'm doing track I think...I'm pretty sure I did. Well I had my first meet on Thursday. I got to miss science which was awesome. I was in my track clothes ready to go in the locker room, when the bell rang to end 6th period and then I realized I forgot my backpack. So I quickly ran through the halls in my short shorts and tank top to my locker which was a bit weird. And this guy who's in three of my classes and I think might like me saw me which I didn't want. Whenever he sees me, he says "Hey Celeste!" and gives me a high five. He also likes to pass me notes in class and suggested me and him go on a hike sometime.... I told him I'm not sure and I'll have to see. Ok, way of topic. Anyway, so after running through the halls I finally arrived outside and got on the bus and went to a high school whose name escapes my mind. So at the meet I sat and tried unsuccessfully so get tan since I was cursed with the Stevens family white skin. Everyone there was really white, it was funny. My school did really well with the sprints and hurdles and this girl named Abby Rasmussen ran the mile in 5 minutes and 52 seconds. I got to run the 400 m. AKA the "Death Race". It's the longest sprint that they have. You have to run as fast as you can for a whole lap. The 800 m. would be easier since you can at least run slower for two laps. I was so nervous about it, especially since everyone kept on telling me I was going to die. That plus I couldn't find my inhaler... Oh dear. So I started running the 400 and at half way through I felt so drained. And the last 100 meters were horrible, I seriously just wanted to stop, fall down, and pass out. I only kept going because I heard a bunch of people yelling my name so I didn't want them to think I was weak. I came in 4th place out of 6. At least I wasn't last. But right when I was done, my head hurt super bad and I started walking and tripped and almost fell. I was really dizzy and I saw black spots. So as I was walking back to sit with my team, they were screaming for the other racing people which did wonders to my throbbing head. Man I was so dead and I felt horrible. Thankfully I went home soon after that with Sariah. I'm not sure I'll do that next time....

I was so exhausted when I got home. That night when I went to sleep, I kept on dreaming about something to do with track and I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of times to find that my feet were where my head is supposed to go. That was a fun night.

The next day was the school dance. I wasn't going to go because I hate them and they make me feel bad. I went to one in January because my friends forced me to, and I hated it except for the last five minutes because a boy actually asked me to dance. The next one in February I only went to because I know Anthony would be there. And the one in March I went to because I knew Kevin would be there. I wanted to dance with Kevin at the one yesterday, but I seriously hate dances so I was debating whether to go or not. I was finally talked into it, but at the end I was sad because no one asked me to dance. And then Mom informed me when it was over that Grandma Carol was taking me and my sisters to see a movie and to dinner. I so wasn't in the mood, and neither was Ashley.

We couldn't find any movies at the theater that we all wanted to see, or two different ones that were at the same time. So we just went to the redbox with Grandma Carol and got food at Wal-mart. Grandma went off with Hannah and Emma while me and Ashley got Mom a milk shake at McDonald's and waited. I couldn't resist buying some french fries too. They're soooo good. Grandma came back loaded with food and popcorn chicken, which I couldn't resist either. She sent me and Ashley on a "mission" to find band-aids and other stuff. We couldn't find the band-aids anywhere, and when we asked someone where they were, he pointed to a place right behind us. It was an isle filled with band-aids in plain sight. We felt so stupid. Emma then lost her jacket so me and Ashley had to find her jacket too. We played the letter game in the car and Hannah totally cheated which made me so mad! We got Papa Murphy's and then went home. I had to have some pizza, it was too good. I felt terrible from eating so much.

While Grandma and my little sisters watched a movie, I read a book but fell asleep at ten. I was so shocked, I haven't gone to bed at 10 in years. Usually I don't sleep until midnight, and that's on school nights. I woke up at 9 AM. On a Saturday!! I didn't know what was up with me.

So I went to work today at 10:45. I didn't eat breakfast because I felt bad about the night before. I saw Anthony there and we talked for like 2 minutes. I did "Day at the Races" which was so fun I can't even describe it. I had to hold a huge toy dog and yell at people to come play my game for hours at a time. My managers came over to help a couple of times and one of them is always commenting about how much he loves my eyes and hair. It's a bit weird, but flattering. He's like 52. I was so cold the whole time, I had huge goose bumps. I was really hungry too, I only had a small soda during break. When I finally went home at 4 PM, I ran to my room and put on my mickey mouse sweats and my jacket and fuzzy socks. I was so cold. I was really hungry because I hadn't eaten anything all day so I ran to my fridge and got left over pizza. I was jumping all around when it was done. I was literally shaking from eagerness to eat it lol. But then the plate fell on the ground and I felt like crying. Thankfully, the pizza stayed on the plate and it didn't flip over. That first bite was like heaven.

Now I have some friends who won't leave me alone about hanging out tonight. I don't really want to, I'd rather just sleep....


0 comments: