BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Life Has Been Pretty Good

Right now I'm putting some Harry Potter on my new iPod so I might as well take the time to blog about my enthralling life. Now let me remember what I even did this week.....hmmm....ah yes

So last Saturday, I went to see Ice Age 3 with my sisters and dear Grandma Carol. We stopped at McDonald's first of course and got chicken nuggets. We then proceeded to the Tinseltown theater in Layton. Last time Grandma took us there, she went the wrong way so we were lost so we made sure to point her in the right direction. I remember the place where you exit the freeway because there's a Comfort Inn (No my song ended!!)(Okay, it's starting again) and I just remember seeing that one night back in the middle of September when I moved and stayed in that hotel for a week until moving into our new house. I always feel sad when I think of that hotel because I was so sad we moved back then....Ummm okay anyway so we got there and watched the movie. It was pretty good and funny as usual. Ice Age is amazing. Ellie is pregnant and Sid found some dinosaur eggs and they hatched and he raised them as his kids for a day. Ellie gave birth in dinosaur land, and right when she gave birth she was holding a cute little mammoth in her arms already pretty big and nice and dry and groomed and making goo-goo-ga-ga sounds. How sweet. On the way home we got ice cream at McDonald's (no my song ended!!!). My older sister Ashley (in case any of you might not know her...IDK) then left to go spend time at Ashley Ely's house back in our old neighborhood. The next day all I can really remember is that I made a cute anklet.

On Monday, I sadly headed towards work. I was going to have to work my least favorite game, Shooting Waters. I detest that game, with a passion. So I was sadly setting up my game when a miracle came in the form of my supervisor, Sarah. She told me that I would be switching games and I would go to Guess It instead. The last time I worked that game was on my first day of work. I was excited, it's a pretty fun game. It's the one where I get to guess a person's weight, age, or month of birth. If I'm more than 3 pounds, 2 years, or 2 months off, then the person gets a prize and they have pretty cool prizes. So like the first person I did, I'm kinda (no my song ended!!!) guessed that this guy was 40.....but he was actually 28. He was bald and had a beard okay, and I was guessing high because the people are usually older than I think. I got about half of the guesses right surprisingly. I even started getting so many right that I pretended I guessed wrong so that they could win a prize. I'm such a nice person. I feel so bad when they lose because it's my fault for being good at guessing. I had a good time at work, it was actually I think kinda fun... I made lots of money.

That night I rode my bike home as usual. I then went out to help my Dad ride bikes that he fixed over to the Bishop's house. We started to walk home and I was telling him about my day at work. So I was happily chatting when all of a sudden I got this pain in my leg that felt like someone shoved a needle in there so I started screaming. I looked down at my leg and there was a hornet on there. I started yelling "Get it off!!" so my Dad swatted it off, but then it flew to my other leg and stung me there too. Ouch! That hurt so bad, and I used a lot of sting and itch cream when I got home. I have no idea what I did to upset it, maybe I stepped on it's kid. I've been stung by a bee before, but bee's hurt way less than hornets, and they die after stinging you. Hornets hurt really bad. Maybe I'm just being a baby but you would think it hurt a lot too. That was sure fun. (no my song ended!!!)

So the next day I was getting ready for work again when the doorbell rang and I got a package. And inside of the package was the nice silver 120 GB iPod that I bought online last week with my own money. I started freaking out over it and then I was very irritated that it had to arrive right before I left for work where I would be for over 7 hours. That was torture. When I got home however, I put tons of music on there. I also had a sleepover with Sariah that night, I don't think we've hung out just the two of us at all this summer. I don't hang out very much anyway, but if I do then it's with her.

On Wednesday night, we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house in South Jordan. The temple is GORGEOUS! I want to get married there when I'm older. The houses around it are also so cute, they don't all have that look that all the new houses have, they are a bunch of different colors like yellow, blue, orange, green, etc. and have an oldish yet new look to them. Anyway, they are very nice. I wished I could stay at the temple longer. It's a smaller temple but still awesome. The paintings in there were so cool, Dad called the paint "HD paint" because the paintings were so defined and awesome looking. I could stare at them all day. Mom was jealous of the furniture, they used the kind of colors that Mom would LOVE for our house.

Today Mom and I went on a short bike ride in the morning. We were going to go with the Relief Society but they left without us so we just went on our own. I then took a nap before getting ready and had Mom hit the snooze button like three or four times. I'm terrible with alarm clocks, I always set them about half an hour before I usually wake up so I can hit snooze a few times. I went to work again, but it wasn't as bad because I was doing a more fun game, I was in the shade, and it wasn't as hot as usual. Then I got home and had a DELICIOUS dinner because my mom is a wonderful cook and made breadsticks (Aunt Suzie's recipe) and cream of broccoli soup.

Life has been pretty good, despite work :( ugh wow did I really think it would be that fun to work at Lagoon?? Anyway, bye everyone. Sorry if this has bad grammar, I'm too tired to edit it. Thanks for reading.

Oh BTW, this is the youtube video I like listening to over and over that I was listening to tonight. I love this guy, he's muscly, plays the piano, and cute :]


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

gah! Requiem for a Dream is one of my favorite songs ever! Does he have the sheet music?? Oh, so I guess John Bytheway doesn't have the sheet music for the Love Song/Viva la Vida song yet--he's been having trouble with licensing and copyright, I guess :P Hopefully sometime soon, though...