BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

La Gooney

I am going to tell you the tale of another splendid week. It is mainly work stuff, which really isn't too splendid, but part of it is I guess.

Once a month, each employee gets a coupon thing to let eight "family" members in to Lagoon for only $10 each. My dad, sisters, Chelsie, and Ashley Ely (my sister Ashley's friend from our old neighborhood) decided to go to Lagoon on Monday, the day I was working. I wasn't very happy because I wanted to go with and invite my friends, but I just said "whatever" and went downstairs when they told me their plans. I told them the night before that they aren't allowed to play any games except for Guess It because all the rest of the games will rip them off. So I rode my bike to work the next day full of chagrin because I had to work a game I detest while my family and friend have a good time. Uncool. When I got there, however, my manager told me that I'm going to work Guess It instead. I was happy. So while working the game, Ashley and Chelsie decided to give it a try and had me guess my weight. Ashley was mad because I guessed she weighed more than she was. She weighs less than me, but it might be because I have a bit more muscle from gymnastics. Hannah played too and did her weight. They all got cool prizes. Emma and Dad came by later and had me guess Emma's weight. I actually guessed it right but I pretended not to, I was not going to let my dad lose his money. I made like $540 that day, it was great. Afterward, I changed into a different shirt then joined Ashley and Ashley Ely. We went on the Terroride first, then the Ashleys went on Oddysey which is an octopus ride that squirts you and plays an annoying song. It came out last year. We also went on Wild Mouse and Jetstar. The last ride we went on was one which I forgot the name of. It's like a mini ferris wheel but is tilted instead of being straight up....it goes maybe 30 feet in the air or something. Well it took forever to load us on because they have to unload and load everyone two at a time. After ten minutes the ride finally started and lasted about 3 minutes. After that they started unloading again. They let everyone off but forgot to let Ashley and me off. Ashley Ely had to sit and wait for us while the old ride operator started the ride again. After another ten minutes we finally got off. So after being on the ride for a long time, it had gotten dark which meant I couldn't ride my bike home. We just left my bike there and Dad drove us home.

The next day I had off and I did some exciting stuff that I can't seem to recall....

On Wednesday, I had to work a game called Whac a Mole. I hate that game. You need two players and whoever whacs ten moles first wins. The first prize you get is a small tweety bird, and the second prize is a slightly bigger tweety bird or taz. The third and fourth prizes are pretty big though so you have to play four times to get the biggest one. I think it's a rip off, and so did everyone else. I was supposed to make about 300 bucks by the end of the day and I only made 100. My supervisor was mad at me and I was upset and sick of working. I tried to get the next day off because I absolutely hated Lagoon that day because that was the longest day I've had and I was in a bad mood at my stupid job where I have to rip people off all day and get in trouble if I don't take enough money from people in one day. Stupid job.

I sadly came to Lagoon the next day and worked a game that I don't like, it's called Hot Shot. After that day, I never hated that game again. There's shade all day, you get lots of people coming back from eating, and Darts is right next to you so you can chat with the person all day, which I did. It was actually kind of fun. And my favorite supervisor supervised me that day. Wow, that was a pretty good day. Except for the last part...This really weird guy came up to me. He was really sweaty, had kinda long sandy hair, and his whole face was twitching like crazy. I think he was drunk. He came and sat at my game and started asking me how I play it. He then asked my name, age, where I live, how long I've worked at Lagoon, and how I like it there. He then informed me that he bought a big strawberry milkshake in Pioneer Village and then threw it up later. Lovely. He told me that he has a knot in his back and it's been killing him. He asked me to feel it. I said no. He said "oh come on it's weird, massage it" I again told him no. I didn't want to rub a drunk, sweaty guy's back. Eeeeww. He kept on talking to me for a while so I had no choice but to be a good employee by listening and being polite. When he finally left, he gave me a hug. I kinda patted his arm. Right when he left, I went into my back room to take some deep breaths and put my face into the prize and screamed. I was totally freaked out. Lagoon gets a lot of drunk people so I don't think anyone would care if I told them. He was so gross. I ended up making my goal of the day and my supervisor was happy with me.

On Friday, I worked Hi Striker. You hit a metal thing with a mallet, and if you get over 40 you get an inflatable mallet, and if you get over 130 or play three times, you get a stuffed animal which is actually really cute. That's something I want to waste my money on. The key to that game is to tell people that if they don't win, you'll give them their money back, because everyone wins except for the little five year olds who I usually help out so they can get a prize. When I got to my game, I looked down and realized that my I.D. card was missing. Great. My stomach hurt really bad because I didn't have breakfast that morning and I didn't eat much the night before and I was depressed knowing that the only way I can buy food is with my I.D. card. Great. I figured I must've dropped it in the place where we count money because I had to slide my card but I guess I forgot to put it back on my lanyard. Dang. I told my supervisor this (who is also one of my favorites, I have three favorites) and he found it for me. I like him. I also lost my pencil so I had to engrave the prizes with my keys on the paper. At the end of the day I found the pencil in my pocket. Wow. I found a way to get to 150 every time. There's this blue wire connected to the metal thing that you hit, and if you stomp on it really hard you can get to 150. I had fun jumping on it to see what scores I'd get. I gave out a lot of prizes and many people played. This one guy played a lot and got a mallet and stuffed animal. After playing for the last time, he asked me if I wanted to get some ice cream with him later. I just stared at him, then asked if he was serious. He said yes. He told me that he lives in Salt Lake City and was going to the University up there. He skipped a grade in school and graduated a year early and he turns 16 next week. I said sure and he said he would come by when I get off. I've never had that happen before so I wasn't sure if he was going to pay or if I had to pay for myself, because I don't bring money to work. I was happy after that. I ended up making a lot of money and my supervisor was happy with me too and gave me a good. Yay! Right before I got off, the guy (Tyson) came by and said he'd meet me there in 20 minutes so I could change and check out. I went to check out when I was off, and found something happening that I did not at all like. My manager was recording everyone doing their best dance move before giving them their time card. Ugh. I can't really dance, I used to do jazz and ballet but I didn't want to do a dumb pirouette and everyone would think it's lame. I just told her all I can do is gymnastics. Thankfully, she let me do that. She recorded me doing a back-walkover, and then a front limber. That hurt so bad since I haven't done one of those in a while and I'm not warmed up. Ouch. I changed my shirt, got a wristband, then went to check my cell phone. Ashley had called me six times and was texting me to come home and Mom was asking how old Tyson is. I had texted Ashley telling her that a college kid had asked me out for ice cream and then Mom told Ashley that I was going to stay after with a boy. Ashley freaked out and I couldn't blame her because she heard stories about girls hooking up with college kids and then bad things happening. I didn't have time to explain, so I just texted Mom to tell her that he's 15 and I only told Ashley that to freak her out. I actually texted Ashley saying a college student asked me to get ice cream with him because I thought she would text back saying "omg no way lol, that's creepy" then I'd say something like "haha ya he's 15 but skipped a grade and graduated early lol" then Ashley would say "oh haha cool, is he cute?" "not hott but nice looking" "o cool so r u going to do it?" "ya of course!" "coolness" "ya i've g2g back to work, cya" Because I was on break when I texted her.

I met up with Tyson and we went to Pioneer Village and we each got a cup of cookie dough ice cream then walked around and talked. It was fun and he was easy to talk to. He's originally from Canada and came to Lagoon with his friends because a business was having a company party there so he got in for free. He then told me that he hasn't been on any rides that day so I made him go on the white roller coaster with me. We went to the arcade and played guitar hero, then I told him that my Mom wanted me home by 7:30 so we hugged and left after exchanging numbers. It was nice. It was easier than I expected and fun. I don't know if it was exactly a date, but I had a good time. I don't want to date until I'm way older just because I'm too nervous. No one at church believed me when I said that because I'm always hanging out with everyone and having a good time and acting crazy, but at school and other events, I'm shy and nervous. I'm afraid I'll do something stupid. But I guess dating wouldn't be so bad now, getting ice cream with Tyson wasn't awkward at all. I still have a little over a year to decide though. It's all good.

When I got home I told Mom about Tyson then I called Ashley to apologize for freaking her out. I felt really bad. Friday happened to be August 14, which meant it was Hannah's 11th birthday. Chelsie and the triplets (Twins 'n' 'Kenna) slept over and had tons of junk food and Mom made Broccoli cheese soup (Mmmmmmmmm :P) and cupcakes. Hannah had gotten a cell phone the day before, but she wrapped that up and the iPod she got last week and then opened it for her birthday which I thought was funny. I straightened my hair after that and then Mom cut it. She took a couple of inches off and layered it more while listening to a really good book on CD called "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You". It was really good. Mom was confused though because I was on the last CD so she made me start it over. She cut one of the twin's hair next...I don't know which one, I forgot to see if she had bangs or not. I think it was Reagan...

Today, I was supposed to work but got a phone call while ironing my work pants and was told that they don't need me to come in today. Yay!! I went into the bathroom and took a nice long shower, it felt so good. I then did my hair and I LOVE it!! It's shorter and more layered in the front and looks so good! I'm really happy with it, except now I'll have to start using bobby pins again if I want to put it up. Dang it. I remember using tons of bobby pins in gymnastics and them falling out of my hair a lot. Oh well, my hair is awesome. Even though I seriously hate it when girls take pictures of themselves and show them to everyone to show how sexy they are, I want to take pictures of myself because I love me hair and people NEED to see it. Not so that people will comment saying "omg babe u r so cute!" "Psh whatever, u r wayyy prettyyy!" "oh man girl u r hott! will u go out with me?" "haha thanks! uh sure!" "this is the sexiest pic i've seen!" "haha really? no it's not! shut up bailey is prettier!" I really hate it when girls put pictures up of themselves looking all sexy then say "psh no i'm not pretty so shut up!" I want to say "you're right, you are so ugly i want to eat ur pic then throw it up all over your shiny hair" or something along those lines.

Anyway, I went to the neighborhood party at the park today and played volleyball with my friends there while Hannah ran around with Viktor. When we came home, my sisters and I watched Mulan 2 and had popcorn. I like the first Mulan way better. Now we're watching "The Day the Earth Stood Still" as a family, well once I join them. That's my amazing week.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I want to see a picture of your hair you beautiful, sexy woman you!