BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth of July

Happy Birthday Sariah!


Yesterday morning, we went to the Kaysville parade for the fourth of July with Marjorie and William's family. William's family got there late, so they didn't sit with us. So, we parked to the right of Davis High in some small building's parking lot. Ashley, Mom, and Hannah all ran to the school to get Hannah to where the Davis Cheerleaders were meeting before the parade. Dad, Emma, and I all started walking down the street to find where Marjorie was. We called her and she said that they found a good spot by the library. I thought it was close because I didn't even know where the library was. So, we just kept on walking on the sidewalk past the high school. Yeah, it was a bit farther than I thought.


It was so crowded. People were walking all around us. I got mad because some teenage girls stopped right in front of us. Two of them screamed and hugged each other: Aahh! Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in forever! Your hair is so cute what did you do to it? I love your shirt! Teenage girly girls really bug me.


So we kept on walking through the crowd while dad was hauling a travel dolly with chairs in it and I had one of those backpacks with wheels full of water bottles and a camera. Dad was getting a bit annoyed of having to move it through all those people. Someone cut across him and he turned it really sharply to get it out of the way for that stupid person, and he accidentally hit Emma on the face with it. We decided to then walk on the side of the road even though I don't think we were supposed to because Emma was crying and we were getting annoyed. We kept on asking Emma what happened later on because she would say, "Daddy hit me" and it was really funny. We eventually trained her to say accidentally.


We walked for over a mile I think (at least it seemed like it). We were near the Kaysville Fire Station (still far from Marjorie) when I looked behind me and saw that sirens were going off and that the parade had begun and we were still walking on the road. I could see the DHS marching band far behind us, so we quickened our pace. Ten minutes later I heard people saying that the parade is at the fire station. I was so relieved when we got there.


After that, I got to stand with Emma during the whole parade and help her get candy. Some of the kids there were vicious. Emma was really slow at getting candy people threw so I helped her. The parade was really fun and we saw Hannah and Chelsie with the Davis cheerleaders. Amanda was in a little golf cart with some friends in the parade too. When the water fight started, Uncle John and I went out and made fun of some of the people and got wet. This one guy threw a bucket of water at us. When we were packing up to go, we poured water from our water bottles on everyone. I love parades.


The Kaysville parade was on the news because two kids got ran over by the floats. One got his leg or foot ran over and another was taken by a helicopter because his stomach was run over.


We went home for a couple of hours after that and cleaned ugh. I also went for the ride when Dad was teaching Ashley how to drive. We went on busy streets (good thing they weren't that busy) and I was really nervous as Ashley got her permit the day before.

We went to Marjorie's house and William's and John Steven's families were both there. We had dinner there.

Ashley got money from Mom and Skyler brought some money so us and Jordan and Amanda all went to Bowman's and got sodas and hung out for a while. When we got home, we watched Animator vs. Animation one and two on youtube and had homemade ice cream. We then went to the Davis High fireworks show. That was fun but I wish it went longer. It seemed too short.


Hannah had a sleepover at Marjorie's and the twins and Mckenna did too. So, I got to sleep with Silvester last night and that was horrible. He scratches you, climbs all over you, and purrs while you're trying to sleep. I kept on pushing him off (sometimes very roughly because it was in the middle of the night) but he just comes back on. Stupid cat.

0 comments: