BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Day

Today I had to work at Lagoon. I was doing relief, so I got a sheet with a list of games on it that I had to go and work for a half hour each while the person at the game takes a break. I only did three games today: Hi Striker, Goblet Toss II, and Shoot 'Til You Win. I made fair amount of money at Hi Striker and Shoot 'Til You Win, but none at Goblet Toss the first time. When I went to Goblet Toss for the second time, the guy working there, Kevin, said that a supervisor and manager had come and told him that he better make money in the next fifteen minutes or they'd fire him because he hadn't made any money all day and it was 2 p.m. He ended up making two dollars so they let him off. I promised him that I'd make him money while he was on break. Well, I did make money. First, two girls came up and wanted to play. Goblet Toss is one of those nearly impossible games where you have to throw a ball and get it into one of the colored holes out of the 100 holes. I convinced them to pay $5 and I'd give them 20 balls, even though that meant that they only had $1 left. They started throwing the balls and, to my disbelief, one of the girls got it into the middle red hole, which is rare and meant that they won a jumbo prize. The other girl then got her ball into one of the six green holes, so she got a large prize. Wow. The majority of the people who win those games are kids though, because they don't over think it. After that, I had more people come up and play. I was being generous and giving them a lot of extra balls and being nice. I wasn't pushing people to do replays because I knew it would just annoy them. I kindly suggested it, and a lot of them decided to. I gave out six small prizes, which are tiny blue plush fish. I had one guy pay me $15, but he only got 3 small fish. I even gave him about 10 extra balls saying "Let this be your lucky one" "Come on, you're so close." "I'll give you two more balls, make them count!" I was being very generous. In that half hour, I made Kevin 40 bucks, while it took him four hours to make 2. He came back, and our supervisor, Tanner, came by while I was telling Kevin how much I made him. Tanner then told Kevin that if he didn't make 40 more dollars, then he would fire him, and that if I could do it then so could Kevin. I felt bad for Kevin after that. Since I was done doing relief, Tanner had me come back to the office with him. He told me to look upset and scared. We went into the games office and he yelled "Well, I brought Celeste!" while I gave them my puppy dog eyes. They were a bit confused and after staring at Tanner for ten seconds said "Um...hello Celeste." He then told them that I made Goblet Toss II $40 while doing relief for Kevin. Tanner then gave me a good and Krystal (one of my managers) asked if I could stay longer. They were really happy with me. I said sure, and then Krystal had me go to Top Gun for about 20 minutes while they had the guy working there go to the office. I'd never worked Top Gun before, and you have to reload guns and do fun stuff and it's one of those games where they give away guitars because people rarely win. You have to shoot a ball and knock over three bottle things to win, and usually people only knock over two or miss it all together and make the ball ricochet off the game. I made $28 in those 20 minutes, and then I went home. Krystal walked by and said "I like her, I'm keeping her." I checked out then called Mom and went home.

I'm so happy that I did that well and they were impressed, but I really don't know how I did it. I wasn't really selling like crazy. I think it's mainly because I wasn't annoying everyone and pestering them to play my game. I just said hi to some people and smiled at anyone who looked my way. When people played, I tried to be friendly to them and give them a lot of extra chances and smiled a lot. I wasn't being annoying. I've never done pitch or throwing before, but I actually like it. I hate doing race games, and maybe that's why I hate doing games at Lagoon so much. I'm trying to decide what to do next year, but I guess it's still a bit early. Still, I seem to do a really good job whenever I do pitch or throwing games, so maybe if I maybe did decide to maybe apply to maybe do games at Lagoon again and did pitch instead of race, then possibly maybe it wouldn't be so bad. A lot of people said that they didn't want to work games again, but then they did anyway and it wasn't as bad. Games is the best about making sure I don't work on Sundays yet I hate games. But if I did work games again.... Ugh I should stop it, I'd probably regret it if I did do games again, and yet maybe....just maybe....

Anyway, point of story: Celeste kicked butt at work!!


Oh, by the way, I found this on youtube and I think it's wicked. Let me know if this works for you.


0 comments: