BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

I HATE SCHOOL

I just thought I'd point out that I hate school oh so much. It's a terrible thing to have to go through even though it's necessary to be able to survive in this cruel world of ours.

The class that I hate the most, is of course, math. I have a terrible math teacher who doesn't do a good job at explaining things which is frustrating. I have to teach myself how to do everything from the text book because I have no idea what he's rambling on about. I'm in the highest math that they offer at my junior high which is Algebra 2, and they only have one class for that. I wish I could go back to geometry or algebra, but Mommy won't let me. Algebra 2 isn't exactly hard, but it's just frustrating. And my teacher, Mr. Free, is forcing us to learn how to graph on a graphing calculator. I don't follow that at all. I at first just used my mom's calculator, but Ashley needed it for school so I just brought a regular calculator to school but Mr. Free requires everyone to have a graphing one. Every day, he uses the calculator on the overhead and he goes really fast. Everyone else in the class gets it but me. I usually do something wrong so I go back to fix it and by the time it's fixed, he's already far ahead. And when I do stay with the class, I can never manage to make the stupid points appear on the graph. Why do we need a graphing calculator anyway? Why not just do it on paper, or is everyone too lazy to spend a few extra minutes doing it? I think it's sad how everyone uses calculators for even the most basic math. I usually just quickly do the long division or whatever because I don't want to be one of those lazy people, unless it includes decimals that I tend to use a calculator. Many people have used math without calculators and they didn't die. It's just because people living now days are lazy.

I get frustrated so easily with math, which usually results in me slamming my book and refusing to finish the assignment, but I can't do that this year since I'm a freshman and my grades actually count towards college. It probably wouldn't make a difference if I did my assignment or not anyway though, I always get bad scores on homework. And, as much as I love my mom, I hate asking her for help because she always has to explain every single little thing and usually solves it a different way than me which just confuses me and makes me even more mad. I really want to get a 4.0 for once, but I don't think that's going to happen because I have a hard time getting an A in math. I got a couple A's in geometry last year because my teacher didn't grade the homework based on if we had right answers. I hope you guys are getting from this how much I hate math.


The other classes aren't as bad as math. Chinese is kinda fun to do sometimes. Except for I stayed up late making a nice PowerPoint for it, and a girl in my class offered to present it. I had it going automatically, so it would stay on a page for about 15 seconds to read it and then go to the next one because I hate the boring slides where you just click the whole time. But that girl, Kimberly, is such a slow reader. I had no problem reading it within the time limit because I'm a fast reader, but she was going ultra slow and kept on stumbling over everything. If I wrote something like "Lollypop Dynasty (168 BC - 22 BC) she would say the BC part as slow as she possible could, even though I kept telling her to skip that part because everyone else can read it themselves. She read it so slow that she didn't get through half the paragraph before the slide changed. Thankfully, the bell rang before it was over so hopefully we can start it over next week and I'll just read it instead. I'm sorry, but I can't stand slow readers. I HATE HATE HATE it when someone is reading in class and reads it really slowly and quietly and I just want to slap them. I know I'm not being a very nice person, but that's just how I think. I remember being so ultra annoyed in 3rd grade at the people who had a hard time reading and spent five minutes on three sentences, and then I'd read it in like thirty seconds.

Honors English was annoying because I had to make a mythology notebook thing. We worked on them in the library all week and I got a lot done and typed up. But, of course, I forgot to print it off and bring it home, so when I got home yesterday with a project due today, I had to start all over. I had to do the mythology notebook and the stupid Chinese PowerPoint and it took me until 4:30 AM (it didn't help that I had two Young Women's volleyball games yesterday). A lot of the people I talked to stayed up late working on their mythology notebooks too last night. I was so tired today and had a hard time waking up. I couldn't find any clean jeans so I just pulled on some Mickey Mouse sweats and wet down my hair and put barely any makeup on. Everyone at school said I looked really tired. Well I did only get 2 1/2 hours of sleep. It depressed me to know, while working on my project at 4 AM, that in 3 hours I'd be getting ready for school. That was a happy thought.

Concert Choir is kinda fun but annoying because the boys can't shut up, and it makes me feel bad because the people who were good enough to make madrigals think they're better than us and have parties and stuff without us in concert choir. I was the only person who had a 1- for solo and ensemble that didn't make madrigals, and also the girls who were in a Brand New Year with me all made madrigals. Our teacher told us that concert choir is just as good as madrigals but I know that that's crap. The reason we were put in concert choir is because we weren't good enough to be in madrigals. I was upset when I was put in concert choir, but I guess I should've expected it since I fail at everything else I do.

Seminary isn't a favorite class, even though a lot of people told me it would be. I don't know if it's just because of the teacher or I'm just not spiritual enough or something.

Art is annoying because I've already been in that art class and it's full of stupid, annoying sevvies.

I hate school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're a very angry person.

Joan said...

Graphing calculators are great. Check your mailbox for my answer to your problem.

Grandma Joan