BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Talking with Barbie Artemis at Lagoon While Playing Rock Band

I will once again post about my life this past week. It has been exhilirating.

So I will first say that the most amazing thing happened at school last week. During lunch, I was actually talking and laughing and making other people laugh. I don't know what came over me, but I just all of a sudden decided maybe I should join in the conversation for once instead of staring at everyone. Everyone was really shocked that I wasn't mute and that I was capable of laughing, usually I just sit there and do my own thing. The next day people were talking to me and being nice and waving to me in the halls. Incredible.

So on Monday, my daddy left with my Aunt Tina and two of my cousins, Hailey and Tanner, to California to visit with my Great-Grandpa Brandy (who I think I've only seen once...) and then to go to Grandpa Littleton's funeral. I kinda wish I could've gone even though I didn't know him that well. The few times I did see him, I really liked him and I thought he was a fun guy. He used to send me cute birthday cards that I still have. I like to collect cards. I hope that in the afterlife I will get to know him better.

On Wednesday, I was supposed to dress up as the goddess, Artemis, and talk about her and have some kind of visual thing to tell her story. I had no idea what to do. Mom and I had talked about taking scenes from the TV show "The Seeker" and just voicing over it, but we didn't know how to do it and Dad wasn't there to help us. Other people had drawn pictures but I thought that was kinda lame, though a couple did have some awesome pictures. So on Tuesday night, I did the only thing I could think of, I made a Barbie video. I don't know if any of you have watched my other Barbie videos, but they are very strange and they were both made at about midnight which might explain why it's so weird. Anyway, I had Hannah help me with the voices and holding the Barbies, and Mommy recorded it. After I was done and I had edited it, I couldn't believe that I made it. I seriously didn't want to show it to my class, but I didn't have much choice since it was already made and I didn't know what else to do. I stayed up until about 2 AM editing the movie, and then I missed the bus the next day because I woke up late from being so tired (last year I stayed up until 5:30 am working on a project on a school night. It was the coolest slide show and I was having too much fun with it. I'm a huge procrastinator) and I couldn't figure out how to get the video on the flash drive so I had to call Dad which I felt bad about doing because it was 7 am. He had me take my mom's flash drive instead because the one I was using was being dumb. I missed all of first period because of that. And the really funny yet sad thing is that there wasn't enough time for me to do my presentation that day. Figures. The next day I did go up and do it though. The guy who went before me was Apollo. The teacher was getting mad at him the whole time he was talking because she thought he wasn't doing a good job or something. I wasn't really paying attention :] But then he played his movie and it was really weird. It just showed him lip syncing a song and he was like in a competition or something and it didn't really have anything to do with Apollo except for he's the god of music. After three minutes, she told him to turn it off and do his quiz. Everyone was really quiet after that. He quickly did his quiz and sat down. Everyone felt so bad for him.

So I was next, and after what happened to the last kid I was kinda nervous. My English teacher isn't mean or strict, but I guess she thought that that was really dreadful. That's also bad because I'm in Honors English so she really expected quality work from us. I got up and said my introduction about Artemis. I had a cool toga on and a bow and other decorative stuff. When I was done saying my introduction, she said "Now how many of you like her talking that fast?" That totally freaked me out and my heart started beating really fast and I thought oh crap, but then everyone raised their hand and she said "Yes, I agree. I like how you talked loud and fast, Celeste, that makes it more interesting." Whew, okay so far so good. I then put on my video and went to the back. It started and after the first ten seconds my face was red and I was horrified that I was showing this to everyone. My teacher, however, looked over at me with a big smile on her face. Everyone was laughing really hard while watching it and my teacher kept on looking over at me and making a few good comments. I was nervous when there was a scene with a naked Barbie but everyone loved it. After I was done, everyone was clapping really loud. When class was over, I had a ton of people tell me that that was the best one they've seen so far and it was amazing and they loved it. Wow, I didn't expect that, I thought they'd all think I was a lunatic and avoid eye contact with me. During lunch I overheard some people talking about my video. I was so amazed that they thought it was that funny. I got 100% on it.

The next day, Friday, I went to my friend's house for a surprise birthday party for my other friend. We played The Beatles Rock Band the whole time. Everyone was amazed that I could do the guitar on expert and thought it was amazing, but the songs weren't even that hard and they just repeated the same chords so it was boring to play. I can't do drums on Rockband, I'm not that coordinated, and I only know like two Beatles songs. I sang anyway as long as someone else was singing with me so I would eventually learn the song. We played a different version of Mafia and had a good time.

That night I got mad because Mom wouldn't drive me to This is the Place Heritage Park to learn and record a song for A Brand New Year 2010. I can't blame her, it was 7-9am, and she's been driving me to a lot of places lately. I felt bad because I wasn't being very nice. They're making a Brand New Year 2010 and I don't know what they're doing but they were only making one singing part and then the rest will be a surprise!

I went to work today and was a relief operator where I go to certain games and work them for 30 minutes while the person working the game takes a break. While I was working a game I hate, Wac a Mole, a Senior Missionary went up to me and started talking to me because he lost his family. I didn't know missionaries were allowed to go to Lagoon. Anyway, he said that he's from Idaho and that him and his wife have been on their mission for 4 years now. They came here in August of 2005, and they mainly work at the Church History Museum. I told him that my grandparents are on a mission in Mongolia and he told me that that was where he had wanted to go, but they came here because of his wife's poor health and they needed a good hospital nearby. He was really nice. I didn't feel guilty of not selling because the girl working Wac a Mole is a crazy and annoying seller and will make money on her own, and I hate Wac a Mole. I had a fun time doing Speedball, and I hated Hole in One because it's a rip off and there's no shade.

And that's about it. Ashley, Dad, and I have decided that we're going to get a Nintendo 64 because the games are really fun and won't get scratched and ruined so easily like the Game Cube and PS2 and other game consoles. Nintendo 64 games are amazing.

Here's the Artemis Barbies Video if any of you are interested in seeing it. I don't know if you will think it's very great, I sure don't, but my dad really loved it so maybe you guys will too.

2 comments:

mooresclan said...

We can't stop laughing. Ky and Porter want to watch it again. Great job!

Bonnie said...

Your video is hilarious! You are very creative. That is a great gift!