BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Epiphany

I've had an epiphany, I think that's the word... Anyway, a couple of nights ago, I was talking to my sister, Ashley, about some random stuff and somehow we got into the conversation of powerpoints. I was talking about how I love doing powerpoints and I'm such a nerd with them and how I've made some really awesome ones. I was saying how I love doing really cool animation with it, not the kind where you just make the words do a million flips, but putting on pictures and making it more movie-ish. I made one about Ralph the Rock's Rock Cycle and I used stop animation. I made a picture of him on paint, and then made a background, and then put the two together. I'd put Ralph on the background and then copy and paste to my powerpoint and have it appear and disappear for about a second. I'd then delete him from the picture back at paint and then put him back on and have him move a little bit and then put it on the powerpoint. I don't know if you guys are following this, but eventually after doing this a million times it looks like he's actually moving and I spent 14 hours doing that in one night for a science project. I stayed up until 5:30 am and I got 20 extra credit points. Everyone was really impressed with the powerpoint. I then started talking to Ashley about how I was learning to use this animation program called Blender and saying how cool it is. It's like what people use to make Shrek or Over the Hedge and it's really complex but it's awesome. After going on for a while, Ashley said something like "you know, you should do animation when you're older".
My dearest Ashley, you are a GENIUS!! Why didn't I think of that!? I used to want to do Human Resources because you get to wear professional outfits and you get to hire and fire people, I then wanted to be a mid-wife after reading a book about a high school shooting where the shooter's mother was a mid-wife and I thought it sounded pretty cool. But right now, doing animation sounds simply DELIGHTFUL!! I don't know if I'll change my mind again later, but this sounds so good right now and I have always loved animation stuff. I can be one of those weird smart people who make video games or movies, except I will wear cute clothes and know how to do my hair. I'm so happy about this and makes me want to do even better so I can go to BYU with Amanda and go into their animation program thing. I love animation! I'm now going to go to nystic.com to watch some more tutorials on Blender. Peace out :]

2 comments:

Your neighbor and friend who's name starts with an S and ends with an h......with two a's in it too.... said...

That is a really good idea! You're awesome at animation!

Celeste said...

Why thank you my neighbor whose names starts...!!