BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

This past week has been pretty spiffy.

So unless you're under a rock, you might have noticed that this past week was Thanksgiving. I was certainly thankful because there were only two days of school.

On Wednesday, I just cleaned most of the day and hung around the house. My dear mother informed me that if I didn't hang out with friends then I would be in trouble. Most teenagers get in trouble for being with their friends too much, I'm in trouble for not hanging out enough. Not a lot of people usually want to hang out with me unless they're in my ward. I also don't like hanging out with people too much, I always feel awkward and nervous and I don't know what to do. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm like this. I would rather stay home than hang out and if I do hang out I freak out and think the person I'm hanging out with won't like me. Which does sadly happen a lot. There have been people who I hung out with once and never hung out with again because they never wanted to. I can't blame them, I'm broken. That night kids from my ward did come and ask me to do night games. We went around and got some people to hang out with, and then we decided to go back to my house. I pulled out Guitar Hero 2 and Apples to Apples and some popcorn and told them to have fun. I just played the game and then got on Guitar Hero for a couple of minutes after everyone left. There you go Mom, I was a normal teenager that night. Well close enough. I then stayed up until 2 am to watch "Up". It was delightful.

On Thursday, I kinda slept in. Apparently Mom sent my little sister, Emma, to wake me up and I told her to wait a minute. I don't remember that at all and didn't wake up for another hour. Mom, Ashley, and I cooked dinner while Dad cleaned a bit, Emma wandered around doing who know what, and Hannah was at Marjorie's from a sleepover. Marjorie's family including Stephaie and Chris came over and then we ate and hung out. We went around and said what we're thankful for. Mom and Dad said each other (awww), Hannah said her silly, crazy cat, Sylvester (if you would like to be his friend on facebook, let me know), Amanda said something which I forgot, probably her family or music or something. Chelsie said her devilish dog, Porthos (whom I've sady fallen in love with, stupid dog), Marjorie said Chris (her new son-in-law), John said his pond outside, and I'm pretty sure Stephanie and Chris said eachother. I said my cat, Charlie. A couple people did a little sniff-laugh when I said that, but I'm serious. I love my cat. She is so cuddly and cute and my little bundle of joy. She was all I wanted for my birthday last year. I told Mom I wanted a white female kitty (Sorry I'm not sexist or racist) and I was going to name her Charlie. Charlie was exactly what I wanted and is very beautiful. She's going to be my kitty forever, even after we both die.

Afterwards, we watched "Up" while Amanda, Chelsie, Hannah, and I made our Christmas wish lists and the adults looked at ads in the newspaper for Black Friday. John Stevens and Emily (4 years old) and Matthew (2 years old whom we call Mattie) came over to hang out. It was a good Thanksgiving.

The next day none of us in my family went to the Black Friday sales. We all got up at about noon (we are all very late sleepers which is why sleepovers annoy me because my friends always want to wake up at a ridiculous time like 9 or 10) and got ready to go to Marjorie's house. We got to her house and then soon left to go see New Moon. I made fun of it the whole time with Amanda, Ashley, and Jordan like yelling out "Sharkboy!" when I saw Jacob. I then spilled all of my gobstoppers during a serious part in the movie and yelled out "Shoot! Really!?" and then everyone started laughing. Oh well, I don't really like gobstoppers anyway.

After the movie, Mom, my sisters, and I went to the mall and took pictures of everything we wanted for Christmas which is fun and might become a tradition. Emma took pictures of about everything she saw like everything that said princess on it. Hannah just kinda wandered and pretended not to care too much like the preteen she is, and Ashley was all over the clothing stores. We went back to Marjorie's afterwards. We were going to just leave, but then I saw that fun people like William and Wendy's family, and Jim and Cheryl (whom I haven't seen since they were married last year) were there so we stayed and hung out and ate Marjorie's food.

Saturday we set up the tree. On Sunday before church Mom took pictures of everyone in the backyard which was just fun.... I felt like I was in America's Next Top Model and I didn't know what to do. She kept saying "Pretend this boy is behind you... now pretend there's something cool in a tree... look boy! Ooh look a boy is behind me.... how would you look if you saw this boy right now." I think she got some good pictures. I might post a couple. After church, we decorated the Christmas tree while Mom took pictures. Ashley and I then pointed out that there are barely any pictures of Mom and Dad, so we had them sit in front of the fire and kiss and cuddle while we took pictures. It was kinda weird, I've never seen my parents actually like make out. A couple times I would hear them, but then I would go out of the room or turn away. Not that it was gross, I just didn't think they would want me to stare. We got some awesome pictures of them.

That night, I could not sleep for hours even though I went to bed early and I was having really weird dreams and was really confused by my alarm. My alarm confuses me every day and it takes me forever to realize that I'm supposed to actually wake up. I can't explain it, but I have a different random strange motive to turn off the alarm every day that has nothing to do with not wanting to get up.

That's it. Peace out.


0 comments: