BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mission Possible

Tonight, we had Young Women in Excellence and the theme was "Mission Possible".

I made a blanket for my project in the knowledge category. I have been working on it a lot during the summer until I ran out of yarn. On Monday, I went with Dad to get 3 more rolls of yarn from Roberts. I have been crocheting like crazy to finish it and on Monday I went though the first roll and yesterday (Tuesday) I went though another. I was trying to crochet the last one today when I realized that the yarn was slightly different. It was the tiniest bit different that I didn't catch it, but after crocheting it into the blanket you could tell something wasn't right. Stupid people who made it, it looks almost identical to the actual color I wanted and it was the same brand. So I undid that part and quickly wove in the extra pieces of yarn hanging off, from switching rolls, before Mom made me get ready.

We had to wear a button up shirt, a suit jacket, a tie, and sunglasses. Mom said I should wear Dad's suit but I didn't really want to--it was big and didn't look right on me. Mom let Ashley and me wear her suit jackets that she got for interviews and accounting stuff and I also got to wear her button up shirt that she bought and told us we're dead if we get them dirty. Ashley and I didn't want to wear a tie but I don't think it really mattered.

When we got there I set up my project in the middle half of the gym with the other Beehive stuff (for just another ten days...) and went into to the back half.

They started the opening stuff and then the lights went out. We heard moving around and the "Mission Impossible Theme Song" started playing. The people moving around also knocked something over. When the lights were turned back on, Bro. Lewis (the second counselor in the bishopric) had a harness on and was hanging (close to the ground) from the ceiling. He was wearing a suit and sunglasses too. He got down and got out his briefcase. He opened it and took out a tape player and put it on the table in front of him. It said that his mission is he has 48 hours to do a dangerous task to help the Young Women of this ward succeed in Personal Progress... or something along those lines. It then said that this message will destruct (and I saw Bro. Lewis press a button on the floor and the tape player started to look like it was smoking) in five, four, three, two, one, zero and then a lot of smoke billowed up.

Brother Lewis then started naming all of the girls (each of us had a code name) from Laurels down to Beehives and explained briefly why we got each of our code names while each of the girls stood up and people took pictures, and some of them were really funny. They put me in Mia Maids even though my birthday isn't for another ten days. I stood up and put my right hand on my head and my left on on my hip for my pose since my code name is "Hairdo". I can see why they named me that. Some of the different code names were Dancing Queen-Ashley, Bo Peep-Katie, The Rock-Mary, Hollywood-Hillary A., Pearly Whites-Joye, Care Bear-Jessica, Ferrari-Porscha, Hoops-Sariah, Spike-Kailey, Tough Cookie-Megan, Swan Princess-Heather, Goldie Locks-Kayla, and Sportster-Karlie. Those are the only ones I remember, but wow I have good memory.

Each of the groups (Beehive, Mia Maid, Laurel) went into a different room where we were given advice by each of the leaders and we were given weapons (gum and a rock for protection). We came back and the bishop talked to us for a while and pretended it was 48 hours later. We then looked at all of the projects and had refreshments. A lot of people were impressed with my blanket. Some of the projects were doing soccer, singing groups, this new Beehive made a dress, a church scrapbook, cooking, rock climbing, drawing, learning guitar, top soccer (helping kids with down syndrome and things like that play soccer), and writing in journals. We had hoho's, licorice, and this orange drink thing.

When we got home, Mom said she felt like steak so she made shish kabobs. We're also getting ready to head to L.A. tomorrow after school which I'm really excited for. It's going to be fun! We have to be back by Monday though because Dad is starting his new job (yayayayayayay!!!!!) but we get to explore on Friday. I need to take lots of pictures for a project in science while I'm there.

Speaking of school, I got my midterms. My grades are pretty good and in science and English, I have the highest rank (which means I have the best grade) which is pretty cool. I'll see most of you in L.A.! Californication...well really short, but still...Californication....

0 comments: