BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Really Random

16 more days... (hint: it's not my birthday, but something that's going to happen for my birthday)

I'm tired but I'm not sure if I want to go to bed. I just spent a good hour video taping myself singing to see if I sound bad, talking to see what I really sound like, flipping pencils, and puppet shows with my sock slipper things which was really random but funny.

I went to Young Woman's volleyball tonight and we won the first game. The second game, one of the team members was a volleyball player at Farmington Junior High so when she was serving she kept on aiming at our weaker teammates. During the first game, the ball started zooming toward the ground and while it was doing that everyone had that look on their face that says there's no point trying to get it... so I stepped up (well, more downish) and I pretty much fell to ground on my knees to get it but I got the ball up and then my teammates sent it over the net and we got the point. I did that again later, and now I have a pretty good bruise. It was super fun though.

For mutual yesterday we made scrapbooks from brown paper sacks. That was my last week actually with the Beehives and I had my last Sunday with them already. The next two mutuals are Young Women in Excellence and combined YM/YW, and General Conference is this Sunday and the next I'll be in L.A. and then I'll be 14!

I'm surviving school. I forgot to take home my homework for health over the weekend so I hurried up and did it during first period on Monday so I didn't get what they were talking about in math and I didn't really get to study for the test. I got 74% on the test and 1/15 on the homework. I did study for the history test but I only got 75%. I shudder to think what would've happened if I didn't study. A lot of people got bad scores. In choir, we had to sing the same section in a song over and over. Our choir teacher would play the piano and have two people from each part singing on each side of the piano and we'd sing with everyone else but this way it wasn't really like a solo but she could hear each of us. I got so nervous. I get nervous over little things that I really don't think are that scary, but my messed up brain thinks otherwise about. I was trying really hard not to choke while singing because when I get nervous while singing and my heart beat fast, it literally feels like my heart is in my throat and I'm about to choke on it. Nice. I also have to write 8 papers for English this year, two per term. The one I'm doing right now it compare and contrast about Spiderman and Superman, and it's sweet. Who knew that Bruce Wayne is 210 lb. and Peter Parker is 165 lb. and that Spiderman first appeared in Final Fantasy (iss. # 12 I think) in somewhere around 1965? Pretty good stuff.

I figured out that this pair of twins have the same birthday as me and so does this other guy who was on the basketball team, Parker Taggart (I share birthdays with good looking guys :)). A ton of people have birthdays in October: Tyler, Issac, Zack, Parker, Ryan, Ben, Emily, Becca, Grandma Carol, Mrs. Swallow, these three girls in our old neighborhood named Arica, Mackenzie, and Elizabeth, Amber, Hannah G., Mallory, Mary, and me are just some. Pretty cool month.

I had pictures of the scrapbooks we made for mutual but I can't figure out this computer so I guess that's too bad for you.

I better go, Sylvester is whining at the door.

I'm learning to do cool twists with pencils--it's fun!

0 comments: