BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just Divine Right Now

19 more days...

Today we finally got our school pictures back. I was worried because I thought I blinked during the picture, but it didn't turn out too bad. It bugged me when girls had the cutest picture and they hated it. It drives me crazy, only they see flaws. This girl who had a super good picture is going to re-take it, and another girl wouldn't show anybody it because she said it looked ugly. I convinced her to let me see it, and she looked amazing. Perfect smile and everything. She said her hair looked weird. Uh... no. Other girls' hair looked weird because they tried to curl it or something to make them look better and it looked bad to me, but her hair was really good looking. Oh wow. Sariah, however, had her picture taken mid-smile so it looks kinda funny. She showed it to me and I started laughing. I couldn't help it, it was funny and she had told me that it looked weird before hand so I don't think I was rude. I wasn't that thrilled with mine. I didn't think that I looked ugly or anything. My hair looked pretty good and I had a good smile, but something about the angle looked weird, or maybe it's just me not being used to seeing me. Anyway, I think that my last year picture was better. I was comparing the two and I was just marveling at how much I've grown up in one year. I like my hair better in my last year's one because it's not as long and it just looked way cute to me. I don't like my hair being this long, but Mom is the other way around with my hair. Okay, back to subject. So I was looking at how much I've grown so I got out other school pictures of me and I took pictures of them. Some of my school pictures, the biggest copy I had was a small one, so I had to really zoom in and a lot of them were blurry because if my hand shook just a little bit, then it would be messed up. Annoying. So here they are, 2nd year of preschool to eighth grade (sorry, a couple are a bit blurry because I only had small copies of those).

pre-school

kindergarten

1st grade

2nd grade

3rd grade

4th grade

5th grade

6th grade (I tried to smile with my teeth and it looked horrible, so that's why I now don't show my teeth anymore)

7th grade

8th grade (I was surprised that my hair looked that nice, it usually looks like a mop to me, and my hair isn't really that dark, the camera is just stupid)

I've decided that I'm going to go through all of my piano books and play all of the songs, and then learn to play every song in my newest ones. I don't feel like I'm very good at the piano anymore and it makes me sad. I want to learn to play cool pieces and I want to get really good and I'm not taking piano right now, so I'm going to try to teach myself right now. Even if I do start piano again I'm still going to mainly teach myself because my piano teacher drives me crazy a lot. If my friend's older brother did it when he broke his collar bone and he taught himself to play "All of Me" then I can do it too. Lately I've been so frustrated with it, but hopefully I'll start to get better.

School is just divine right now. My grades are so far better than last year's which is dandy, and I'm making some new friends finally. I've always had people to hang out with during lunch, but they were never really my friends. Apparently I'm going trick or treating this year too. I thought I was too old, but my friends (who I've had since 6th grade but who I don't have any classes or lunch with, grrr) insisted that I go with them and we're going to dress up as boys. Fun!!!! I was just going to have Hannah go around with another bag that night and ask people if they can put candy in there too because her sister is sick...

Oh yeah, that Youth Choir thing that I said I was doing is way bigger than I thought. There are a lot of youth there, and the people in charge of this have been working on this since last December. We are learning a lot of songs and we are going to be put on a CD I think and we're going to perform in the conference center. It is all done by youth: youth accompaniment (instruments), conductor, camera, costumes, singing, and technical effects stuff. We're going to start out singing where the tabernacle choir does and then we're going to move to this huge circle platform where a smaller yet still big, circle platform is on top of that one and where the youth will be playing the accompaniment music and there're big TV's all around it showing kids doing stuff while we sing, and they got testimonies from young men and women in different countries. The whole program will be about 1 hour and 45 minutes long. They're going to send it all across North America and they're going to put it on a website where people can download it for free. They're trying to influence youth to do the right thing or something and they said they've never done anything like this before. I have to get the bishop to sign a form saying I am worthy to be an example and perform in this. This girl who I'm becoming friends with who goes to my school (Sarah Cummings) is doing it too and we're both going to try out for the solo but I told her she'll probably make it and even if by some miracle I do, I'll be so nervous I'll fall over. It's worth a try though. Anyway, they showed us this slide show about it and Sarah and I were literally shaking with excitement. It's going to be so cool! I tried to tell Ashley about it but she didn't really get it, but I told her to just wait and she'll see how awesome it's going to be.

That's about it, I'm blogged out. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post next because Hannah and Ashley are always on the computer. Ashley does what Ashley does, and Hannah is on the dumbest website ever invented, Club Penguin. Wow! You can have a pet penguin and make them go shopping and stupid stuff! At least Neopets involves skill and isn't that stupid.

I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday! Yum!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Celeste! jk!