BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So Far So Good

24 more days...

Okay, I need to hurry because I need to get to bed before eleven or I'll be falling asleep in English again. But really, anyone who has Mrs. Tanner would probably fall asleep. She's a good teacher and is really nice and her classes aren't hard, but it's so easy to fall asleep in that class. Today, I was fighting to stay awake: my eyelids were heavy and I just couldn't keep my eyes open longer that a second. I have had a hard time getting to sleep this week. Sunday night, I went to bed around ten and didn't go to sleep until after midnight and Sylvester kept on waking me up in the middle of the night. Stupid cat. On Monday night, I wanted to get to sleep early because I was doing a test first through fourth period and I didn't want to be falling asleep and I wanted to wake up early to have time to eat breakfast. Yeah, it took forever for me to fall asleep and I woke up 20 minutes before the bus came. Last night wasn't good either.

I signed up to do this youth choir thing. A bunch of people ages 12-18 are going to be in this choir where we get to learn some songs and they'll record us and put us on a CD and they're going to show us on TV on New Year's Eve. It's an LDS thing, so we get to be singing in the conference center I think. We have about four two hour practices, a six hour practice (which happens to be on my birthday, ugh), a dress rehearsal which is twelve hours (9AM-9PM) and like three three hour recording sessions. It will take up a lot of time, but it'll be fun.

I got mad at this girl yesterday in the halls. I was just walking back to my locker from lunch, and this girl shoved me really hard and shouted "Move!" and I fell over onto this other girl. Sometimes I do get pushed in the halls though I usually don't fall, but those were accidents and this one wasn't. She did this a couple of times to me before. I ran to catch up with her and then went right next to her and shouted "Move!" and pushed her out of my way. I heard her get really mad so I started to walk fast. I looked behind me and her friend was telling her to get after me. I started to run really fast through the halls until I got to my locker then I turned around and she had slowed down and looked mad that she didn't get me. Yeah don't touch me, I bite back.

In downtown Farmington, there was a stand up situation where a fire fighter had gotten mad and I think (but I'm not sure) he fired a shot at his wife but missed, and then he got into his car with his gun. His wife called the police and the swat team came. This lasted from about 10AM to somewhere around 7PM. It looked like he was going to shoot one of the people, so a Swat team person shot him and he died. Farmington Elem. was put on lock down (I always wanted to be in an actual lock down. You just sit and do nothing in the dark--it's so much fun!) Dad and I rode our bikes down there but it wasn't too exciting and there were a lot of cars and police people. We then rode back on the new bike trail by the legacy highway which was pretty cool and it felt good because I needed to exercise. Rainee (my friend) and her family were all upset because the fire fighter was her dad's friend and they started protesting about something. This morning, I was checking the weather before I left and I just glanced at a picture of a protester's sign on the page, but I didn't think much of it though I caught a couple of words. When I got on the bus and we rounded the corner around Rainee's house, I saw the same signs so I was wondering what was going on. I couldn't find the story later today though.

I've been trying to get the piano music "All of Me" by Jon Schmidt because I didn't want to buy it so I was seeing if Stephanie had it but she was at BYU. I then remembered that my friend's older brother broke his collar bone a couple of years ago and couldn't play football so he taught himself to play the piano for something to do and he learned how to play that song. I asked her for the music and I finally got it! I copied it and now I'm slowly trying to learn. It will probably take me many many months as it is way above me level and I don't have a piano teacher right now. Every note in that song except for C and F are flat, and it's around ten pages long. So far, I can play the first line, hands together, slowly. So far so good!

My friend who was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago was back in there for another surgery Thursday night because she got an infection. She was in there the whole second week of school, home the third week of school, and then went to school for three days before going back in. She's finally home again, and hopefully she'll be better now. She's so much fun to be around and I thought that bad things weren't supposed to happen to beautiful people. She is so gorgeous and really nice. Get well Megz!

Heroes started again! It was so good and as always intense and a bit sad. There was this one part which was pretty funny but I just laughed harder than I think necessary. Whenever I though of it, I would start laughing really hard and Ashley was wondering what was wrong with me after a while. There was also this one part where a guy named Matt starts talking to a turtle in the middle of Africa and it was so funny, I was losing it a bit. When the episode ends, it says "to be continued..." and then it's the end. When it showed that, I shouted "NO!!" but then it said on the TV "now!" and the second episode started. Yay!! I was so happy, though that was a mean but funny thing. I love Heroes...

For mutual today, we practiced volleyball. I started to walk up toward the church and Lori's car was in front of me and she was picking up some girls and I yelled at her to wait, but she didn't hear me and drove off. :( But then hallelujah! The bishop picked me up. Everyone was locked out when we got there, and then there weren't that many people there. Everyone was at the High school powder puff game (a.k.a. girl's football-juniors vs. seniors). We went in the gym and messed around with the volleyballs while the leaders, bishop, and sport's director tried to set up the net. Eventually we got it up, so for a long time we practiced playing and a lot of the girls really improved. We played for a long time and then got creamies. It was super fun! I haven't been this happy and had this much fun in a pretty long time. I've been happy, but this just really raised my spirits. I still have issues with serving, but otherwise I'm not too bad. I still think that I was good enough to make the volleyball team, but there were just girls better than me. I don't suck and I can do all of the skills well enough, but I wasn't as good as the other girls. Oh well, they are bad anyway. They've only won one game so far and I'm a bit embarrassed to see our team play. Go Chargers!!

One of our member of the bishopric's wife (a.k.a Brooke-who cooked for us during girls' camp and rocks my socks!) had her baby today! They said that she had him at home, he's a boy, he's 23 inches long, and 10 lb. 9 oz. Poor Brooke, that's a big baby! I'm so happy for her!

That's like it, I don't have anything else to bore you about... except for I finally found a good background for my blog because the other one was weird, but I had to change the font in every single dang post back to black. Au revoir ma famille et amis! Avoir une bonne journée et manger vos légumes. (pronunciation: ah rihvwoh mah fameel ey ahmees! Ahvwor oon bun journee ey mahnjay voh laygooms.)

0 comments: