BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Been There, Done That

Only 28 more days...

I'll just start where I left off yesterday.

So, less than a minute after I published my post yesterday, Emma came up to me and Hannah by the computer and started making a weird noise and she had her hands over her ears. I thought she was having another ear ache so I was thinking oh great, just what we need right now, more medical problems. But then, she put her hands over her throat and started making the noise again and I realized she was choking or something, and Hannah started thumping her on the back. I heard that doing that makes it worse so I started freaking out a little. At least she was still making that noise so I knew she could breath. Emma ran over and started drinking her juice as fast as she could and started drinking Hannah's too. Oh good, so she could still drink so she's not choking. After she drank a lot of juice, she told us that a piece of a potato chip was stuck in her throat and that it was hurting. Oh yeah, been there, done that. Ouch. Mom reminded me about the Heimlich maneuver. Oops. I was glad she wasn't exactly choking or didn't stop breathing because I'm not too good with CPR, though I guess I could do it if I really had to, but I'd rather not. I'll be a good baby-sitter someday.

I then glanced at the clock and saw that Mom and Dad were going to be home in less than half an hour. I told Hannah and Emma to scarf down their taco soup really fast and leave. I needed to do my Saturday chores since I wouldn't be able to do them tomorrow (dishes, fridge, microwave, counters, sweep, mop, and wipe down cabinets). I also had to pack. I quickly loaded and unloaded the dishwasher and started running around, wiping off tables and taking a huge bite of soup every single time I passed my bowl on the table. I was running around the kitchen cleaning as fast as I could, my mouth bulging with food. I kinda looked like Mulan did in the movie when Moo shu stuffed porridge in her mouth and she was saying how she didn't want to kick the other kid's butts. Nice comparison, huh? I packed and everything and even finished my soup and was nice and ready by the time Mom came home.

Amanda then called and said that her parents were going to a movie and was wondering if my Mom could drop us both off at Wal-mart, and then she started arguing with Marjorie and she said she's call me back. Okay... Well, good thing I took my sweet time getting ready.

Mom and Dad had gone to Ikea (super cool store!) and had gotten things for Mom's office and had gone to Target and did some other stuff I know not of. Now her office actually looks like an office. She has the desk, laptop, computer chair, arm chair, candy, picture, book case, office stuff, and printers. I just sat down in her room for like ten minutes and watched her put the table together by attaching the legs and then getting mad because she realized that she did it up side down.

Amanda finally called and asked if Mom could drop us off at Wal-mart. Mom then wanted to talk to Marjorie, because she wasn't about to drop us off at the Layton Wal-mart for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. I didn't even think there would be that many people. They finally came up with the plan that Mom would take me to Amanda's and take Chelsie back home with her. About half an hour before midnight, Amanda's parents would return home from their movie and take us to get the book. Pretty clever.

When I got there, Amanda was making sugar cookies because she was baby-sitting in the morning the next day. It didn't really matter because she'd be back about a half hour to an hour before I usually wake up (which means 10:00 AM). I took the left-over dough and had tons of fun making shapes while Amanda talked about this girl's disastrous prom.

We went downstairs after that and watched Penelope. The show about a girl who was born with a pig's nose and ears and it would only go away if a blue-blood loved her. It was... interesting. It's not one that I could watch over and over though.

When her parents and Jordan came home, John took us and Jordan (who said he had to come to protect us) to get Brisingr. There weren't a lot of people there in a huge line like Harry Potter. We just went up and grabbed a book and there were some other teenagers who grabbed it too. We were just standing and talking in the store after we grabbed it and I told Amanda to turn around. Behind her were boxes of candy, just 88 cents each (why don't they have a cents sign on the computer like $?). We got gobstoppers, lemon heads, and cookie dough bites.

Amanda and I put all of the candy in a bowl, sat on her sofa in the family room, and started to read Brisingr. I was super tired but Amanda was saying that if we got tired then we had to make ourselves uncomfortable so we couldn't fall asleep. I felt unhappy because I knew that Amanda wanted me to stay up all night with her reading.

I read the first chapter but couldn't concentrated enough to read the second. I wanted to go put on my pajamas, but I was too tired to move. I still tried to somewhat understand what I was reading even though I could feel myself drifting off. I gave in and fell asleep. Amanda later said that she wasn't sure if I was awake and reading or not because I was breathing really hard, but I was still in a position that looked like I was reading. That's because I'm tricky! At about three in the morning, Amanda woke me up and we both pulled on our pajamas and slept in her bed. She got farther than I am right now from reading until 3 AM.

I woke up a couple of times after Amanda had gone to babysit just long enough to register that she was gone and then I drifted off again. I got confused when I woke up for another 20 seconds and realized that she was in bed again in her pajamas.

We both started reading again and she told me she got back in her pajamas because she didn't feel like reading in bed with jeans on. We kept on reading until about 1:15, and every now and then we would get in a 5-10 minute conversation about random stuff that had nothing to do with the book (I don't even remember why we started talking all those times) and then start reading again as if nothing had happened.

We went upstairs where Jordan was playing Wii and Amanda started teaching me how to play chess. Marjorie made us stop and eat real food then said that Mom was coming at 2 and that she's in a hurry because there's an appointment at 2:30. I said "Mom has an appointment?" and she replied "no, you do."
"For what?"
"Eye appointment."
I ran downstairs and started doing my hair and getting dressed because I looked a mess. I didn't know we were going anywhere. While I was down there, Mom came and Ashley started yelling at me to come.

We went to Sam's club and apparently all three of us had an appointment. I was first because the guy wanted to see if the contacts were working well. I went out of his weird room after that and waited for Ashley to finish. They had many different shows on their different TVs, but I just paced and watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and the First Lord of the Rings at the same time and played with a contacts holder thing. It has a mirror and a little pouch where you hold your contact case and spare contacts and it snaps shut and comes in cool colors! Wow, waste of money!

I waited forever, and when Ashley came out and it was time for Mom's appointment we wandered off. We looked at the different books and jumped when I touched this scary Halloween dude and he turned to life and started talking. We had samples of all of the foods and just hung around. We were heading back to the eye section when we went past another sample.

It was a drink that looked like really liquidy A1 sauce. We started to walk away when the lady started telling us about it. She said than when you get older and start not eating healthy , then you should get this health drink. It was fruity and would keep you looking young and healthy and she had us each take a sample. I decided to drink it when we were away from her just in case it was gross. It was supposed to be fruity, but it was brown and looked sick, but you never know. Good thing I did that. We turned onto the next isle and I took the first drink while Ashley asked if it was good. I started gagging on it, it was the worst thing I've had in my entire life! It had a hint of fruit to it, but it was super bitter and even though I've never tasted vinegar, I'm sure it would taste like that and sour cream and vegetable oil all mixed together. Ashley asked if I was okay, but I just ran over to the trash and spit it out and threw the drink in there too. There were about ten other cups of that exact stuff, all full, thrown in there too. Ashley threw hers away too. The taste just stayed in my mouth and wouldn't go away. I was breathing through my mouth trying to get the flavor out, and we couldn't get any more samples because all of the sample people were on break. I wonder if the lady giving us the sample has ever tried it, or if she saw me. We told Mom about the drink, but I mentioned to Ashley later that it would've been funny if we told Mom that there was this super good health drink that she had to try, and see what would happen.

I eventually got another sample and happily ate it. Ashley and I then started playing with the cameras and taking pictures of ourselves while Mom learned how to put in contacts since she's never gotten them before. I started freaking out because I smelled my breath and realized that it smells like the health drink. Eeew! We also tried on glasses and wandered a bit more.

When Mom was done, she went to look at an iron. I followed and found a massage chair right next to the irons and I sat on that while she looked. She went to the next isle, so I sat on a rocking chair in a family room set while Ashley tried to get the stupid TV to play Transformers. We kept on pressing play, but it wouldn't work. Mom said she was leaving and left so we said bye and stayed there for a while. We went over to where the scary Halloween dude was and saw one next to him so I lifted up it's eyelid and started messing around. We were having a dandy time (and looking for Mom at the same time) when Mom texted Ashley and said that if we weren't in the car in two minutes we were walking home. We pranced to the doors and to Mom's car (and I literally mean we 'pranced' people probably thought we were very strange). We thought she said she was leaving to another isle. We didn't realize she meant that she was actually leaving. Mom said that was obvious. Silly us.

A couple of hours later when we were eating dinner, we saw two baby cats outside, and I actually got near enough one of them that I could pick it up. They looked strangely like this boy cat that we usually see running around our street who's the father of some of Misty's babies. Hannah then got really sad because we left them outside and it started to rain really hard. Sylvester was outside too.

I watched America's Next Top Model with Mom on her new laptop, painted my nails, and read Brisingr. It's been a fun day.

I know this is a long post, I'm starting to become a better writer and putting in more detail.

0 comments: