BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Super-Duper Weekend

I did more things than usual last weekend, which isn't bad. It was actually pretty fun but it did take up a lot of time and effort.


On Thursday, even though that wasn't the weekend, I went to Jekyll and Hyde at Rodgers Memorial Theatre with Dad. It was a really cool play and now I want to get season passes to go there. I almost tried out for a play there, but it would take a lot of time and I didn't want to do that until my voice is better so I can get a decent part.

On Saturday, I woke up at 6:50ish and got ready and then my mom drove me to the Motion Pictures Studio on Provo. I got there at 9AM and there were about 400 other kids in my Brand New Year choir group there too. We talked for a while and then all of us went into another part of the room where they had set up a bunch of microphones and lights. We all stood under those lights for almost two hours singing. Oh, did I mention that we were recording our songs on a CD? Yeah, so it was really annoying because we had to sing the same song over and over again until we got it right and all of us were aching. They gave us a fifteen minute break and we all got a water bottle, a cookie (or few...), and fruit. I went outside to eat and there were about 15 kids on the teeter-totter and when some of them would get off at the same time, then a lot of the kids would go flying. After that, we recorded for a couple more hours and we went almost an hour overtime. During the recording, this lady came to the front with a big trash can and told everyone to put their water bottles in there. So everyone started chucking theirs and it turned into a game to see who could get their's in. It was super funny to watch, and some of them had really poor aim and would hit the lady or other people, but it was all good fun. The only part that I actually liked about it was that there was this cute boy who was next to me and he told me that I'm a good singer. I love it when boys give me compliments! It's so sweet and it boosts my self-confidence.

After it was over, Mom took me to the mall to get me my costume for the BNY Choir. The Provo mall had super cute stuff, I was drooling. We got my outfit for a surprisingly good price. Mom said that next time we go clothes shopping. Mom was especially ecstatic at the scrap booking store. (Holy cow, Charlie keeps on sneezing. It's super gross at night when I'm about to go to bed, she sneezes right on my arm EVERY NIGHT so I get cat spit on me. I think it's her bedtime ritual.) We had fun wandering around. Mom said she wanted to leave by 3 PM since there was a BYU football game and she didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We left a little before 5 PM and there was some beautiful traffic.
The next day I had to give a talk in church. Dun dun dun. It was on modesty and I had spent the night before writing it and I was pretty proud of myself. The second of first or whatever counselor in the stake presidency (stakeopric?) was there so there was double pressure. Ryan Davis was up there too because he was going to be announced being made a teacher (holy cow, I just sneezed like ten times, no exaggeration) or whatever you call it. We were trying to sing the some (pg. 68) and both of us had never heard it before so we were laughing while trying to sing it. Good thing it was one verse. I got up there and talked for a while. My voice was shaking even though I didn't feel scared. What are they going to do? Throw hymn books or BOM's at me? I don't usually mind talking in front of people, it's just waiting to do it that scares me. While the others were giving their talks, I couldn't stop swallowing and I hoped no one noticed. Also, a fly flew straight at my face and I jerked back really fast and tried to swat it in front of everyone. That wasn't embarrassing at all. I was a bit sad because only Dad came to hear me talk. Mom and my sisters were, as always, late. At least they heard the last few words when they came in.
That night, I went to the conference center for my BNY Choir practice. I got a backstage pass (I feel so cool!) and I went into this small room at first. We then went into the actual place and there were tons of seats. It was huge! I've never been there before so I was amazed. The band and orchestra was there and we practiced singing and playing together. A boy from my school name Shea Smith was in the band. I don't like where I sit because I feel tall and stupid being there, but apparently I didn't to them. I was hoping they'd move me. We practiced going down these weird steps that we will be running down in the performance and it was pretty cool. I now have an additional practice that they surprised us with this Thursday and I have no way of getting there. Dad will be at work and Mom will be at school and my friend isn't going. I guess it won't kill me to miss, but I wish I could go. On the way back, we went by this pretty bad car accident. I didn't know what happened, but the car was pretty beat up.
Wow! I hope every weekend is like this.....
P.S.-I did the impossible! I wrote a story thing, and my teacher actually told me that I need to make it longer! Usually, they ask for a two page story and I write around 16 pages with no double spaces. No exaggeration there, either.
P.P.S.- I finally downloaded Pharoah onto our computer again! I know that the Conrads will think that that's old, but I love that game! It also teaches me quite a few things about Egyptians.

0 comments: