BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bleeding on my Portrait while Singing at Church in a Video

Hello everyone! I made sure I had time tonight to write to my five readers before tomorrow so that I won't have a long post (hopefully). This past week has been so delightful that I didn't know what to do with myself.


I have art first period, and for the past month or so I've been working on mirror etching and a portrait of Emma. I turned in my portrait of her on Tuesday and got it back a couple days ago with an "A". I was very proud of myself. I couldn't quite make it look like her, there was just something that I wasn't capturing, but you can still tell it's her. Even Emma knew it was her when I brought it home. Here it is.




It's pretty cool because I've wanted to be an artist for a long time. I remember watching Stephanie drawing pictures while camping or whenever I was at her house and begging her to help me because I wanted to be as good as her. I can happily say that I'm on my way. I worked very hard on this.
I also did my mirror etching. I did the actual etching part when I put the chemical on the mirror on Thursday when there was just ten minutes left in class. I had to hurry because I got to miss second period and go to Boys' Chorus instead to practice singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" for our concert and assembly. When I was still wiping off the chemical, the bell rang. I didn't want to wait for the next day to finish so I started hurrying really fast to finish and got a nice guy in my class to help me. I was in such a hurry that while I was ripping the paper off the mirror, I accidentally jabbed my pinkie on my left hand. It didn't really hurt so I didn't think much of it. I finished my mirror and walked as fast as I could to my second period class (gym) because I had to do a softball skills test before I was allowed to go to Boys' Chorus. Here's the mirror. There's a sharp sign in the upper left corner but you can't really see it that well.

My pinkie started bleeding really bad and blood was running down my hand while I was going to gym. I ran outside and quickly threw the softballs at the hula hoop for my test then ran inside to record my score. My coach started freaking out and asking if I needed stitches and stuff. She gave me a bandaid that my friend so kindly put on.
I then went to choir. We practiced singing Bohemian Rhapsody a lot which sounded really good and then the boys practiced "She's Got a Way About Her" by Billy Joel and a guy named Talon Hatch did the solo. He has an amazing voice and all of the girls just melted when he started singing. I think everyone fell in love with him that day. He's really nice and funny, he's just the type of guy that everyone likes. While singing, I bled through my bandaid. It was gross.
The next day was my music assembly and choir concert. Both of them seemed to go on forever. I hate music assemblies. I like the music, but I hate sitting on those bleachers for more than an hour. During the choir concert, I had my mom record us singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Check out my earlier post for the video. I put it on youtube and facebook too. On facebook I tagged everyone I could think of and I got so many likes and comments. It was awesome. We sound so good, it was cool to hear. From where I was, I could only hear the sopranos and base. We are the best 8th grade choir in Utah.
On Saturday, Mike Fifer, Sariah, and Chandler England came over to film a video called "Oh My Gosh News". We did it the week before and had a shooting scene and a missing cat and weather. On Saturday we did a cooking show which we called "Days of our Kitchen." It was really funny. Right before they came over, I was helping Mom make oven apple pancakes. I was slicing apples and trying to take the apple core off of the twisty slicey peely thing. I yanked very hard and hit my middle finger on my right hand on the slicer part and it took a small chunk out of my finger. It started bleeding like crazy too. It bled through every single bandaid I put on and wouldn't stop. So during the cooking show I didn't really touch anything so I wouldn't get blood on it. But then I made some toast and I got blood on the bread. My friends told me to get stitches or put pressure on it. I put a lot of pressure on it but it just made it bleed more, and I can't really get stitches since the skin is just gone, it's not a cut, and it's not even big. I went through more than ten bandaids, and I'm not exaggerating. When I woke up the next morning, my bandaid was black from all of the dried blood and it was on my hands. Thank goodness it stopped bleeding.
On Sunday, I had some really good lessons. It was ward conference and the bishop spoke. A former bishop taught my Sunday School class and he did an extremely good job. The Stake Young Women Presidency taught combined Young Womens. I learned a lot and I loved it. That was a good Sunday.
Today we did a glazed tari exploration in math. Which means we ate glazed donuts. A tarus is something that is shaped like a donut. It was delectable.
That's been my exciting week, and this one's going to rock too because it's the last week of school!!!! Yay!! Bye everyone!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your artwork is very good! I've always wished I could draw. Now to the bleeding, are you taking a lot of ibuprofen or aspirin? You shouldn't bleed that long. Be careful!

Stephanie said...

Awesome job! lol, I used to draw and always think something was missing, but it definitely comes with time, and that drawing was really good :) I love reading your posts, by the way. Maybe I'll post on my blog again someday...

mooresclan said...

You are such an artist! I love reading your blog.