BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Working while Roasting Marshmallows in the Rain with Matthew

Right now in Utah it is raining. Half an hour ago it was raining super hard with thunder and lightning which was AWESOME! Yet earlier today and yesterday it was nice and sunny.

It was raining while I was working on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday it was nice because then people would run for cover underneath my game so I had some people to talk to. A lot of people were there because they thought that no one would be there. The lines were still nice and short however. I had a fun time working that day surprisingly even though it was raining. The next day I was ten minutes late because I forgot my I.D. card. Oops. My game was one in Pioneer Village which is away from the main park and it was right by Rattle Snake Rapids (a ride where you go in a raft and get really wet). It was pretty deserted there for a while and it was just a merchandise person and me there. I couldn't get my game to work and re-read my job aid five times to see if I was doing something wrong but I couldn't figure it out. I just decided to wait for my supervisor to get back so I spent the time cleaning my game. Soon my game had nothing else to clean so I went over to the merchandise store and called the games office to tell them that my game wasn't working. My supervisor finally came and spent ten minutes fixing my game. After that I swept the outside of my game over and over and just walked around in circles sweeping it because there was no one there. It was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain. Eventually people did come to go on Rattle Snake Rapids and I got some people to play my game. It then started raining really hard so I had some people sitting inside of my game to stay warm. I wasn't supposed to sit on the counter but there was barely anyone there so I just sat on there and cuddled my jumbo prize for the game for warmth because I was freezing. The rain went on for a long time. Crazy people kept on coming up to Rattle Snake Rapids to ride it even though they were already wet from the rain. The ride employees just let them go on over and over because there weren't a lot of people on the ride. When they came off the ride, they were dripping and freezing while it continued to rain. Some guys my age came and hung out with me for a while because they were bored and were games employees too and had the day off. I let them play for free since employees aren't allowed to play and they were bored. I didn't see how it could hurt since I didn't give them any prizes and they were cute. This one family came and had all five of them play five times so that each of them could get a prize. They spent $50. That's a lot for a little toy snake each. But I'm not complaining, the more my game makes the more I make. I worked there from 10:45 AM to 6 PM and I was freezing when I got home. It wasn't very fun.

On Wednesday night I had young womens at my camp director's house. We learned first aid and then played a really fun game that I would explain on here but I think everyone would get confused. We then roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. It was simply spiffing.

On Friday Mom left for a scrap booking thing and Dad went to work so us kids had the house to ourselves. It was pretty delightful and I did a lot. I played the piano, played basketball, watched "Ever After", exercised, read, played Guitar Hero, did my chores, and cooked dinner (quesadillas with applesauce). I was about to go and play night games with my friends but Ashley wanted to go to her friend's house so I stayed home and babysat for her. Aren't I a great sister? Dad came home after midnight and told me how he hit a huge deer on frontage road. He had swerved so the side of his car had hit it and the deer tipped over. I'm glad he didn't hit it head on. That would be bad.

Today we are babysitting Matthew (my cousin who is like 2 or something). He's so cute and Emma likes playing with him. Mom and Hannah made Magic Cookie Bars. It's simply delightful.

0 comments: