BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last Days of School

Hello everyone. I know it's getting kinda late and I have to wake up early to help with Marjorie's yard for Stephanie's wedding, but I couldn't resist posting on my blog. It's been an excellent last couple of days. Besides, I want to wait for my Dad to get home because I have barely seen him and I want to give him a HUGE hug because his hugs are delightful. Anyway, I'll just start with last Wednesday which was simply spiffing.

Wednesday at my school was field day. I thought it would be some lame thing because everything schools do are lame because they try to be cheap and safe and spend money on books and pencils instead of stuff we really need like edible school lunches and fun activities. Well this field day was a surprise indeed. I went out there with the other 8th graders after 3rd period and met up with my friend Sammy. We went to a big blow up toy thing and did the obstacle course and raced each other. We then went down another big blow up toy thing that was a big blue slide and the student body officer person had a hose and was spraying people as they went down so it was like a giant water slide. It was marvelous. After we were nice and wet, she ditched me. I then just went over and hung with Sariah and Sydney Yang for a while and got popcorn and did the obstacle course thing more. After we ditched each other, I hung out with Rachael Damron. We went down the blue slide over and over again and got super wet, and every time we went down we would go over and hug my friend, Taylor, because he didn't want to get wet. He was pretty wet when we were done with him. So we did that over and over again and played water balloon volleyball and watched people get dunked in the dunking machine. They also had a big boxing blow up thing and one where you run forward as fast as you can and then these cords pull you back. They also had human Foosball and a ring toss game. It was spectacular. The food was also pretty good. They had popcorn and otter pops and cookies. There were also pie eating contests. I had a really good time and forgot to put on sunscreen. After we were out there for two hours, it was lunch time. We ate lunch outside and I got to listen to Rachael Damron talk about boys and say some not very nice things about them that I won't repeat on here. I didn't know she hated this one guy so much, considering last I heard she had a major crush on him (and probably still does while at the same time hating him). She's a drama queen but still pretty cool. It was a good field day. Afterwards I had to change into dryer clothes. I was so happy that I thought to bring extra clothes and underwear, but I unfortunately forgot to bring an extra tank top. Oops. That felt good. For the rest of the day, everyone was so exhausted. When I got home from piano, I slept for two and a half hours.

That night for mutual the mia maids combined with the teachers and played water games at the park and had a BBQ. The food was delectable. We played water volleyball and then started throwing water balloons at each other. The others went to play water baseball while Ethan and I played volleyball for a bit. It was pretty intense :] The water baseball was way fun and I just played on whatever team was up to bat. I had an awesome time.

The next day everyone was mad that they had to go to school because the 9th graders were off to Lagoon Day and we didn't do anything in most of our classes. I had a test in history, but otherwise I just read and finished a really good book and went outside with some girls during choir and talked. It was so annoying to be at school that day, it was a waste of a day.

Friday was the last day of school. I went and got my yearbook and had people sign it. They then rang a bell and told everyone to go to first period. No one payed attention and they just kept on signing and ignoring the administration. Finally they got really mad and made threats so we all sadly went to first period for fifteen minutes. Everyone kept on trying to escape but they were getting caught. When the bell rang they forced the 9th graders to go into the gym and the 7th and 8th graders to go into the cafeteria for yearbook signing. They were yelling at everyone because no one wanted to do it. They started pushing us in there but I was still in the hall because there wasn't enough room. Finally they told everyone in the hall to follow Officer Ackerson. I thought we were in trouble so I tried to escape but they made me follow him. He ended up just leading us through another door into the cafeteria. I got a lot of people to sign my yearbook and had a good time. They then let us go into the gym with the 9th graders to get yearbooks signed.

After doing that for a while, my friends and I ditched at about 10 AM. We went to Wal Mart where the employees were getting mad at us so we left. We went over to Albertson's for ten minutes while Ethan and Taylor Bigler got food at a Chinese place. We then went to Wendy's fast food restaurant and Ben Fisher, Sariah, Sydney Yang, and I got food there and had some of Taylor's food too. It was soooo good. After, we went to Game Stop and Blockbuster for a while. Next we went to Target and Dollar Tree and bought a bunch of really random stuff to play with. We went to RB's gas station to get root beer ice cream and then walked home around 1:30 PM. We got tired of walking so Ethan called his dad and he took us to Taylor's house. His house is huge, I'm super jealous. He has a super cute dog too. We watched The Office and played Monopoly which wasn't very fun. I've never finished a game of Monopoly and I think The Office is dumb. Sariah and Ethan were laughing really hard while I didn't get why it was so funny. I think it's a weird show and I do get why it's supposed to be funny, but I just don't think it is. It's a waste of TV time. Ashley and my parents feel the same way about it. I fell asleep at his house on the sofa for a while. I had been so hyper earlier and had had so much soda that I had just crashed. Mom then called and wanted to take me shopping. I agreed and left.

We got Ashley and me amazing underwear at Kohl's. We then went to Shade and got us each a swim suit. I wasn't sure which one to get because one was turquoise and one was a darkish blue and they were both cute so I sent pictures to my friends. I ended up getting the darkish blue. It's a tankini and I love it. I'm so glad it's not a one piece, I've been made fun of a lot for wearing it so now I refuse to. Afterwards, we went to Kohl's in Layton I think and got launderey for Stephanie :] When we were done paying for it, I said to Mom "Thank You!" I looked back and the store cashier was laughing. Mom made us go to craft stores while she got stuff for Stephanie's wedding which was horrible. I've had too many bad memories of spending hours in those terrible stores. I hate the look and smell of it, I don't get how people can stand working there. Ashley and I were bored so we got some candy and soda and started eating it and then gave the wrapper to Mom to pay for. After that we went to Marjorie's house for a while to hang out.

When we were done at Marjorie's, we got Wendy's for dinner and then watched a movie together and I fell asleep during the very end. Dang it, it was getting intense.

The next day I had to work at Lagoon. It was busier than usual which made me happy because I love busy. I worked from 9:45 AM to 5 PM. It kills because I have to stand most of the day and it really wears me out and makes my feet hurt. I was so happy though because I got my paycheck and it had my training bonus $$$ It was delightful.

I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon, but my ward's young women are going to start reading it today and try to finish it by the end of the summer. I guess I'm starting over again.

They were talking about how fun Youth Conference is going to be, and it was torture. I won't be there because of Stephanie's wedding. They were saying how on the first night they are going to have a camp fire and roast marshmallows and play night games and tell stories and have tons of fun. The next day they're going to hike through this creek and they said it's the most gorgeous sight ever and it's so amazing and they'll love it and they kept on going on about how awesome it's going to be while I was feeling even worse. It was a tough choice. Youth Conference or my close cousin's wedding? I can go to youth conference next year, but my cousin's wedding is only once (hopefully).

I'm really tired now and Dad still isn't home....anyway goodbye my dear readers!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What, no pictures of you modeling your new underwear? Sounds like you've had a fun few days. I'm jealous!

Wendy said...

Um...you spell it "lingerie".