BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cleaning at Work with Family During a Wedding at Youth Conference

Good evening dear reader. I have some interesting things to type that are so exciting that I don't know what to do with myself. So....yeah (I think it's funny how people end their speeches or presentations or whatever they're doing at school with "so...yeah" :])

Mom has been doing spring cleaning all last week. I came home from work and then was immediately told to start cleaning :( It wasn't too fun but it wasn't like it was hard work and the house looked nice when we were done.

Anyway, work this past week has been a blast...sort of. Last Thursday, my game was #1 on the park, and on Friday my game was #2. On Saturday I did a game called "Hot Shot". I personally think it's dumb and a waste of money, and that's probably why not very many people played. You just pull back a pulley thing and let it go over and over again, and then this ball thing will fly up into a box that makes your penguin walk, run, or sprint. The first person who gets their penguin to the finish line first wins. There's no fun or skill required, it was dumb. And I had people tell me that. To make the day more enjoyable, it was raining the whole entire day. On Monday, I worked at a game called Drown the Clown where you squirt water into a clown's mouth and as you do that this balloon on your clown's head fills with air and whosever balloon pops first wins. It's a pretty fun game to work even though it gets really messy and I have to put on new balloons a lot. My relief operator (the person who works my game while I take a break) was really annoying me. I told her that we need to have at least three players to start a game but she kept on doing two player games which was so annoying and made me get even farther behind in covering. She also gave out wrong change so I had an odd number when I got back (it's $2 per person, so the amount of money is supposed to be an even number). I really don't like relief operators. However, I did get my blue star that day. That's what each employee gets if they get five goods or are doing really well. The next one I can get is a red star, and then I can be and All Star. I'm pretty proud of myself. The next day I worked Day at the Races. I made a ton of money for my game and my relief operator didn't screw up. It was a really good day. I was going to have to work on Friday, but I got someone to do it instead because that is Stephanie's wedding.

Bonnie, Suzie, and their kids came out on Saturday and are staying at our house. I was kicked out of my room to let Bonnie in so I took refuge in the family room until the girls came and kicked me out of there too. I'm now in the living room. It's been pretty fun having company. Ashley and Amanda had to babysit all of the kids and were going crazy when I got home from work. Let's see...there's Hannah, Chelsie (sometimes), Caitlin, Breann, Alyssa, Noah, Emma, and Dani (a friend of Caitlin's). Ages 3-11. Fun fun. Oh, we have Porthos too. He's been chasing the cats a lot. Charlie is really fast and smart so she runs away and then hides from him. Sylvester just fights back. His hair was standing up and he was hissing and then he swiped Porthos with his claws. I thought it was funny. It wasn't as bad as Misty though. Porthos got near her kittens when we dog sat him about a year ago and she pounced on him and attacked. What a good mother. I miss her.

My ward's Youth Conference is going on Thursday (tomorrow) to Saturday. I couldn't go because Stephanie's wedding is right in the middle. I was so jealous of everyone, especially during young women's when they would explain what they're doing. So the first day, we'll get there and we're going to set up our tents and then play a bunch of really fun night games and roast marshmallows around a fire and tell stories! The next day, we're going to hike the narrows. It's mainly water and it's so beautiful there. It will probably be the most spiritual and beautiful thing you ever do and it's so amazing. You'll love it! That was torture. Well today, Mom told me I could go if I want. I didn't know what to do because it will be really fun and I've wanted to go for years, ever since Mom went with our old ward's youth conference and did "The Amazing Race", but Stephanie's getting married and I've always looked up to her and want to go to her wedding. I texted Megan Anderson (girl in my ward) and asked what I need to do so she told me I can still go and I had Dad run over and get the packing list and permission slip. So I am now going to Youth Conference and EXCITED!! I feel bad about missing the wedding, but either way I'll be missing out on something.

So right now the kids are fighting and playing right now while Dad is teaching Caitlin how to play the guitar. I was playing in my bedroom earlier and she heard and now wants to play. And now I hear another kid crying. Better go see what's up.


0 comments: