BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School...

Today was the second day of school. The first day, I went to school and listened to teachers drone on about classroom rules while I dozed off a bit, and they had us tell about ourselves as if anyone else in the class cares. The only class that was really fun was choir. That class is so fun! There's like 70 girls in it.

After my seventh period class (it's English, and my English teacher is really quiet, soft and nice unlike strict, weird, terrifying Mrs. Keeler or Mrs. Killer) I tried out for volleyball. I though I was doing pretty well. I made serves over the net, did some nice spikes, bumps, sets, all of that fun stuff. But unfortunately, I didn't make the first cut. Today, I went to one of the volleyball coaches to ask what I should work on because I though I did a dang good job (inside of my head, I was kinda hoping they'd say "but didn't you make the first cut? I put you down to, oops! My mistake, yes come after school today for the second cut"). She said that I was getting very good, but I needed consistency. I would make some really good spikes or bumps, and then I'd do one or two that weren't very good, and I needed to always make them good. I was glad when I heard that, because I was afraid she'd say that I was horrible and needed to work on all of my skills if I wanted to slightest chance of making it next year. So, it's not like I'm bad, I just need to make sure I won't do the bad spike or whatever every now and then, it needs to always be good.

So just like last year, I'm really quiet during school and I don't seem to really fit in anywhere. The friends I hang out with are all loud and fun, and I just stand around and smile like some idiot. Some of you may find that hard to believe, seeing me bouncing off the walls at church, but at school, I'm not shy, but I just do my own thing and don't really talk or do much.

We took a pre-test in Geometry, and he said that anyone who got 20 or over right does well in Geometry and doesn't struggle. I got 25/43. Yay!! I couldn't remember how to factor the equation or find the slope and midpoint so just guessed. I got the factoring right actually. So maybe I'll do better at Geometry that with Algebra and mom won't get mad at me because heaven forbid I get a B+! For me in pre-algebra, that would've been a bit sad, but in Algebra, that's great!


Let's see how school goes...

Oh yeah, dad finally got this computer in the kitchen working so I don’t have to steal mom’s!! Yay dad!
One more thing, people like Aunt Suzie, Aunt Marjorie, etc. Could you add me to the people who are aloud to see your blog when you get the chance? I like to see what you guys are doing too. My email's falling_stars2481@yahoo.com.

0 comments: