BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tubing for Mutual

For mutual last night, we went to Echo Lake. It isn't too big and the beaches were horrible to walk on, but it was fun!

We met at the church at 5:30 PM, and we got into our cars and left. The car I was in was the last to get there. It was around sunset when we arrived, and about everyone had gone on the boat, tubed, waterskied or jet skied. The people in my car except for Brittany Hyatt went on the boat (Kaylie, Ashley Roylance, Janie, Megan, Heather, et moi) and Joye, Matt, and Matt's older brother whose name I can't remember came too and Bro. Wilcox drove.

We got out a little ways and then Bro. Wilcox asked who wanted to go tubing first. He said that Kaylie should and she can try to make me go with her (BTW, Kaylie is 4 days older than Ashley Black). I have never gone tubing, and I've never seen it before, so I had no idea what I got myself into. We both put on a life jacket and got on the tube. Once we were holding on tightly, he started to drive.
He started going really fast and both of us starting screaming and held on for dear life. It was pretty cool and scary. He started going in really fast circles, then switch direction so the tube would fly off of the wave and hit the water. I hated that part because either you would slam really hard on the tube, or the water would whip your legs. After Bro. Wilcox did another one of those, Kaylie fell off, so we had to go and get her. After she got back on, he started going again.

I don't think Kaylie fell off after that, but a couple of times one of my our arms would let go so we were holding on with one hand, we would slip halfway into the water and have to help each other back up, and our tube kept on flying through the air which hurts. After we'd been going for a long time (I can't exactly remember because it all happened so quickly), I think Bro. Wilcox started doing fast swerves again and circles.

The tube was going crazy on the water, and then I think it did another huge jump or something, and we both fell out. It scared me because I saw all of this rushing water right next to me, and I fell into that mess. I went under for a moment, then came up and saw Kaylie a bit far from me.

The boat came back and got us, and we both got on and sprayed ourselves with the hot water shower thing. I was really cold. After that, Heather and Ashley R. went on. They went on a huge jump, and Heather sorta did this handstand jump thing into the water, and Ashley R. bit her tongue or cheek or something. Anyway, it started bleeding. They didn't do it for very long, and then they got out. We then persuaded Megan to get on, and Joye went with her. Janie didn't want to go. They were in there for not too long also, and they both fell off twice.

After that, I sat at the front and brushed my hair out with my fingers and put it in a half pony tail. It dried and all of the girls were jealous because it looked like I had just done it. Haha, yes!

Matt wake boarded after that and did some pretty cool jumps.

When we got off, it was around 9PM. We stayed and chatted for about 20 minutes, then headed home. It was so much fun, and I'm glad I didn't decide not to go like I wanted to earlier.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Reading your blog brought back a lot of memories. Echo Lake is where I would go with Uncle Stan and Aunt MyrLene and their family in the summer when I was in high school. That is where I learned to water ski. I LOVE skiing and tubing! Unfortunately I can't do it anymore since my neck surgery.