BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Romance

True Romance:

I was a very romantic child. A year never went by without a special boy catching my eye. My first love was named Allen. He had beautiful thick dark brown hair, dark eyes, and long eyelashes. Allen was in my first preschool class and I was in love at first sight. Whenever I could during class, I would talk to him or play with him at recess. I was very jealous of another girl, named Megan, who loved him too and whom I thought was a brat. She would always climb on the slide and pretend to fall while crying out desperately “Help me!” Allen would rush to her aid and help her down, while I stood to the side with hatred boiling inside of me. My love of this special boy lasted the whole year of preschool, and I referred to him as my boyfriend to my family. I was upset when the school year ended, and I never saw Allen again.

My second year of preschool was Niconie. He too had beautiful dark skin and hair. The only thing I can really remember of him is telling my older sister, Ashley, how cute he was and how he’s going to be my boyfriend. She then proceeded to taunt me by saying “I bet he has a green face!” I argued with her for a long time, convincing her that he didn’t and he looked normal. However, Niconie was a turtle for Halloween, therefore his face was painted green. We got to wear our costumes to school. My mom and Ashley came over to the preschool to pick me up, and while Ashley and I were talking, Niconie walked by. I showed Ashley, and then a big grin started to form on her face. She then turned to me and said happily “I told you his face was green.” I said a feeble remark about him just being a turtle for Halloween, and then slumped my shoulders in defeat as my older sister once again outsmarted me.

In kindergarten, I fell in love with Brendon Lee. He had fair blond hair and was very nice and smart. My friend, Katelynn, and I both like him. I was so thrilled to sit next to him and we talked non-stop which resulted in me not being able to get my work done and both of us getting in trouble a lot by the teacher. I loved to play games with him and was constantly having a secret battle with Katelynn for his love. Brendon never showed anything more than friendship between us, and by first grade, I was the only one from my kindergarten class who was in Mrs. Harrison’s class. I soon forgot about him.

My crush in first grade wasn’t as big as the rest. He was a boy named Troy, and he didn’t really catch my eye until one day, he told the teacher that he wanted to sit next to me. I was thrilled, and promptly sat down next to him. After that, we still talked and I like to sit next to him, but I never liked him as much as the future boy, like Colten Whiting. I remember he was standing in front of me while waiting in line for lunch. A boy in his class just barely told the teacher to shut up, and then they were laughing about it. I said to him “His dad probably taught him that”. Colten then replied “Oh yeah probably! ‘Good job son, say it again!’” He laughed at my joke! My heart fluttered, but I didn’t see or notice him again until second grade.

The first time I saw Colten in my second grade class, I knew he was the one. He was so cute with his crazy brown hair, adorable smile, and fun personality. I had never felt this way about a boy before, and I knew he had to be mine. Therefore, I quickly claimed him as mine by telling him I loved him. From that time until Christmas, I never left him alone. During recess, I always chased him, trying to kiss him on the cheek. I constantly told him that if he would tell me he loved me, I would stop teasing and kissing him. He never told me that, but I just knew that he loved me anyway. How could he not? Even when he was calling me “Four eyes” when I got my first pair of glasses, I knew he was saying it out of love. Sadly, right around Thanksgiving, he moved to California. His parents were divorced so his Mom took him and his brothers away and left his Dad to live there alone. I was devastated. I can remember laying down on my parents’ bed, crying my eyes out over my true love whom I thought I was going to marry, but whom I’d never see again. How could I go on living? I tried to reduce the heart ache by falling for another boy named Devin. I followed him around a lot and let him know that I love him. He told me to shut up and that he hated me. I took that as a sign that he wasn’t interested. I told him that I hated him and that he was fat, and then didn’t talk to him anymore. A couple of weeks later, my best friend, Brittany Atkin, found out his address and every in the class wrote him letters. I was so excited I almost peed my pants. I wrote him a very long letter about how much I miss him and I included my address and phone number. On Christmas Eve that year, he called me. I was in shock; my true love was calling me! We talked for a long time and he told me that he was going to visit me! I could hardly wait! Over the next couple of years, he visited me about five times whenever he came to visit his dad. He told me it was because his parents forced him too, but I knew otherwise. He was so nice to me and we loved to play together. We constantly wrote letters to each other and I still have a letter from him in third grade and his pictures in my memory box.

Later on, towards the end of second grade, the boy Devin told someone to tell someone to tell me that they loved me and I quickly had myself a boyfriend.

In third grade, I continued to date Devin, which pretty much meant that we held hands during recess and sat together when everyone in our grade watched a movie. I was upset however, because he was on B track every year and I was always on A track. In the middle of third grade, a new girl moved in named Kayla. Sadly, even though I had once kissed Devin on the cheek, we held hands while jumping over mud puddles, we played tag during recess, and he had given me two rings (which he probably stole from his mom even though his friends informed me that he was rich and had like fifty bucks), he fell for Kayla instead. Heartbroken, I threw the rings at his friends and told them to tell him I hate him. I was so depressed, and I always blamed it on the fact that I had glasses. I had always made sure never to wear glasses in front of him, but one day I forgot. I asked him later if he still thought I was cute, and he said yes. However, a couple of weeks later it all ended, and I always thought it was because he thought I was ugly because of my Barbie glasses. I still played with him during recess sometimes, but it was awkward whenever I saw my ex-boyfriend.

Later that year, I fell in love with another boy named Jeremy Henderson. Even though I still loved Colten, I knew there was something special about Jeremy. He was so nice, and I loved to play tag with him and his friends every recess. I sat next to him during school, and he was always yelling at the guy next to me because he liked to cheat off of me since I was one of the smarted kids in my class. Sometimes, when I was sad, he would even pat my back. With Jeremy there was something more than little girl love, and I never once kissed him because I was too embarrassed. Jeremy loved me and another girl named Ciya Turpin. He told us that he likes me better though, and I was so thrilled. One day, I asked Jeremy to come to church with me. He said no, and even though his friends and I kept on trying to convince him, his answer remained no. The next day, his friends told me that he didn’t like me anymore and he was dumping me. I don’t remember what happened after that, but all I know is that he couldn’t stay mad at me and before I knew it we were in love again. I loved him all 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. During those years, a lot of other guys liked me and I always had kids going up to me and telling me that one guy or another wanted to French kiss me, but I still loved Jeremy and didn’t notice the other guys.

In fifth grade, I was homeschooled after Christmas, and I didn’t get to see Jeremy anymore. My life during that point was all about piano, gymnastics, my dog, and being homeschooled. I didn’t really see any guys at all and I was always thinking about Jeremy. Towards the end of the year, I went back to school for a couple of hours every day to take the end of level tests. During that time, I got to see Jeremy again. Every time I saw him, my face would turn red. I didn’t know how to act, I had been away from boys for so long and I hadn’t seen him in a long time and I had missed him so much. We never did more than talk.

In sixth grade, I transferred to a charter school and a boy named Corbin Rasmussen caught my eye. I was in a class called “Junior High” and there weird 5th to 7th graders in there. I only knew him for a month before I had to move to Farmington, and right before I left, I told him I liked him. I never saw him again either.

During sixth grade, I had a couple of crushes which was usual for me. I barely knew anyone, so I had a crush on one of the only guys I was friends with, Ethan Drake. I loved to play with him during recess and he was so nice. I like a couple of others for a while, but I soon got over it, though Ethan is still my best friend. I then saw this one guy who I thought was really cute, but then I thought “He’s so cute, I’m not good enough for him. He deserves better girls.” I was really shocked when my eyes were open one Sunday at church and I realized that he was in my Sunday School class and he was the bishop’s son. I don’t know how I didn’t notice him before. On the last day of school, I told him I liked him and then walked home smiling. As you can imagine, that made church awkward. I continued to like him for a couple of years, but we were never more than friends, and somewhere between 7th and 8th grade I didn’t have a crush on him anymore and he’s now one of my really good friends. I went out with a couple of guys in junior high, but that ended quickly and now I hate relationships and I don’t even think guys are worth it anymore. For the first time in my life, I don’t have a crush on anyone. And still, even though it’s been more than three years since I’ve seen him, I still think of Jeremy sometimes and really wish I could see him. I’ve become friends on facebook with many of my elementary school friends (a lot of them I either liked or they liked me), and sadly Jeremy doesn’t have an account. I miss the good old days when I was so in love with a lot of guys and all of the guys liked me too. Now, I can’t seem to make either of those happen.

0 comments: