BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sub for Santa

Today I got to go to school at 6:45 am to go to K-Mart for sub for Santa shopping. For the past two weeks our school has been collecting money for sub for Santa. It was sad because three days before it ended we only made about $2,500 and the day before it ended we were only up to $4,000. Thankfully by the last day, we made about $7,500. We needed to make at least $6,000 to get every family what they need. My first period teacher was happy with us because we donated over the amount what we were supposed to, but he still asked us to bring more to help cover for the other first period classes that weren't making as much. On the last day, everyone in my class brought tons of money. One girl asked her whole family to donate and brought $100. I had gone shopping the night before so I brought all of my extra change and emptied my piggy bank. The envelope that we were supposed to put money in started to rip because there was so much change in it so we put it in one of his plastic hats but that started to overflow too. Mr. Simons was very excited that there was so much change because he loved watching the secretaries count them. It felt good to donate. One person from each first period class got to go and I luckily got to.

This morning, everyone was put into one of eleven families. I was in family ten. There were three kids, two boys and one girl all under the age of seven. A girl named Brittany Barret and I shopped for the three year old girl. We only had $75 to spend on her and she needed clothes. We got her a coat, boots, a shirt, and pants. We also got her a princess coloring book 96 crayons, and Cinderella polly pockets because she loves Cinderella. We got back with the other people shopping for our family. We got them two DVD's and two games to play. We also got them a pack of treats to eat together. It was so fun and I'm glad we can do this for other families. I felt Christmassy.

I was going to help wrap the presents after school, but I had to stay after to work on an art project and I ended up staying there for over an hour working on it. I then spent another hour lying down in the commons area at the school waiting to be picked up. When I finally was, Mom took me and my little sisters with her to the Mary Kay studio and told us we'd only be there for an hour while she organized and counted the products. We were there for four hours. It was freezing in there and we were bored. I took home some paint and brushes from art so I painted my box while waiting while Hannah and Emma ran around and screamed and fought. Eventually I went to go sit over by the heater and fell asleep for a while. I'm so glad to be home where it's not freezing and to finally eat my first real meal. For lunch, I had a couple of grapes and half a breadstick and I never eat breakfast because I always feel sick in the mornings.

Here's a video I thought some of you would like, I thought it was cool.


1 comments:

Bonnie said...

That video is great!